Home » Forums » Auto and Truck Shop Management Software » looking for a shop management system that wont break the bank!!!!

Home Forums Auto and Truck Shop Management Software looking for a shop management system that wont break the bank!!!!

• looking for a shop management system that wont break the bank!!!!

Posted by edwinsauto on June 21, 2016 at 12:07 pm

Hi I’m looking for a shop management system currently use an old version of Automotive expert which is ok but would like something more current with email and or text capabilities ive been looking and there are So many!!! to choose from and something that is affordable we are a very small shop me my husband and 1 more mechanic. I need it to be on more than 1 pc so the guys can add or update work orders from the shop side essentially eliminate as much paper as possible. Ive seen some that can be used on tablets that really gets my attention because I can have customers sign electronically. Help I need to narrow down these choices!!! Thanks 🙂 

homey replied 7 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • rjcutl

June 21, 2016 at 1:28 pm
    I considered this one, but we didn’t end up using it.  Free trial if you want to see if it does what you want.  It is a fully web based solution.

http://www.omnique.com/

• Joseph Van syoc

June 27, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Im using Automotive Expert from real time labor guides. Does most anything a small shop could want, the only real down side is you cannot order parts directly from the software (so what?) and for accounting you need to have a regular book keeping software ( I use quickbooks) so there is some double entry.  But for less than $200 per year, I can live with that HTH

• homey

June 27, 2016 at 9:20 pm

i have used “Repair Manager” by trackum for years, and it is very stable,very versatile and does marketing too.
    i like also the fact that i can input boats, lawn mowers,motorcycles,weed whackers, just about anything with an engine.
    interfaces with quick books, and will track parts specific to each vehicle. nice, when you need to remember what brake shoes went on a 1961 international!!!
    one time fee, networking costs a little more… so do upgrades, but way worth the money. call Dennis and ask for a demo, or go online.