Home » Forums » Equipment And Tools » Lift Manufacturers

Home Forums Equipment And Tools Lift Manufacturers

• rjcutl

June 22, 2015 at 9:18 am

We’ve had good luck with Rotary and Mohawk.  We have a Hunter scissor lift which has worked quite well.  We have one Challenger 2-post, which has experienced a few problems.  We just purchased a Challenger four post alignment rack over another Hunter, we’ll see how that one stands up.

• brady

July 15, 2015 at 12:09 pm

We recently bought 2 new BendPak hoists, one 2 post and one 4 post alignment rack.  All of our old hoists (6) are Bendpak.   The new ones are no where near as nice/heavy/durable as the old units.  The four post has had multiple lock and cable problems.  The 2 post was leaking from both cylinders after being in service 2 days.  Both have been repaired under warranty but not quickly.  The rear slip plates/bearings on the 4 post are all rusted and seized up already.  Will not by BendPak again EVER!  When the installers came, a couple of them asked why we bought them, I told them look around, all of our hoists are BendPak.  Their reply, “there junk”.  Really? Guys hear installing brand new stuff I bought from them and they tell me its junk?!  Well, now we know.  They recommended Hunter if I recall.

• Joseph Van syoc

July 21, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Have a 10k lb two post bendpak been in service 5 years, during which time I have had to replace one cylinder, (leaking again now) and the lock release cable.  Over all I have been happy with the lift, and bendpak, but when you need parts, the cost of overnight shipping is pretty outrageous. Plus if they ship the wrong part, return shipping cost is on you, IMO that sucks.

• Jeffrey Corwin

July 29, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Had terrible experience with a Bendpak 4 post open front alignment rack. Rear slip plate rollers rusted up in under a year. Release locks binding occationally (even after multiple cable adjustments). Powder coat flaking off in under a year. – Switched to Hunter scissor lift and never looked back.

Also have 2 post Bendpak (10K assymetrical) and it has been fine so far (about 2-3 yrs now).
    Have some older Complete Hydraulic units, but they are not ANSI certified, but have been good for the $$$.
    There’s also an old Forward 2 post lift (which was already installed when I bought the building – guessing about 15+ yo), and it has worked great – has a chain for tension/leveling, but is a little low on overhead beam height for the SUVs I work on.
    Getting some Rotarys for the new shop I’m workign on, looking forward to using what many consider the best racks in the industry (hope that holds true).
  • David Roman

October 4, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Does anyone have any experience with Atlas? 

Greg Smith Equipment has Asymmetric Two Post Lifts made by Atlas for a steal. 

However, I recently had a lift vendor stop by and he swore up and down that they were junk. 
    My last lift purchase was a Challenger and its a hunk of junk.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated!
  • Site Administrator

Administrator
    October 6, 2016 at 1:37 pm

For anyone who is unaware, there is a lift manufacturer directory page here on the site.

This is one of 24 directories that we have created to prevent wasted time when you are looking for most anything related to shop management. A list of all directories can be found on the left side of the home page.

#autoshoplifts

Home