• Dave Macko

May 20, 2015 at 1:04 am

We have used Lankar since 2001. They have excellent support and development. It won’t do everything you may want but it will do most tasks well including, client / vehicle history, invoicing, accounting- inventory, GL, receivables, payroll etc. There is a lot of depth but it comes down to so the value proposition between your ‘must have’ and nice to have wish list for the price. Recent enhancements include emailing ro’s, and reports,and a customizable maintenance scheduler. Multiple labour rates, supplier integrations (order on the fly) and preset (canned) jobs are its strengths, while tablet integration and electronic inspections are in development (so I’m told). Most users implement a fraction of it’s capability, again important to evaluate your specific needs to see if there are holes in it’s design.

• miandy1

May 28, 2015 at 12:36 pm

I bought and converted to Lankar in 06 before the company was bought.  I only used it for 1 month and then changed back to my “old” sms system PDS.  The support at that time was good but there was no accounting, had to have Quick books.  I was shown and told that it would interface with NAPA, well it did but only with NAPA Canada, not good in Illinois.  Looked good but did not work as expected.  Im looking at PACE now as PDS in not being expanded/further developed at this time.  PACE will still require Quick Books as its accounting package is not up to snuff.