Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » is your site optimized for mobile ?

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops is your site optimized for mobile ?

• is your site optimized for mobile ?

Posted by Alan Ollie on October 31, 2012 at 1:10 am

Has anyone updated there website to be Responsive for mobile use?

“Responsive web design (often abbreviated to RWD) is an approach to web

design in which a site is crafted to provide an optimal viewing

experience—easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing,

panning, and scrolling—across a wide range of devices (from desktop

computer monitors to mobile phones”

Tom replied 11 years, 5 months ago 8 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • John Shanderuk

November 5, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Ollie,

I just finished my website the link is

http://getunity.com/uptownimports

If you don’t have one you should most people use their phones to search now where computers used to be the way to go. You also want to make it friendly to tap on things with a finger not a mouse

John

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    November 5, 2012 at 6:58 pm

We had a company do a mobile site for one of my locations, and we are

currently re-designing the website for our other location. We will have

a mobile site for that one also. I have not received any positive or

negative feedback about it, but it is nice and convenient for a

smartphone user. I would recommend doing it. We paid about $250 to have

the site designed and a $10 monthly maint fee. I think you can get it

cheaper now, or even DIY.

• joecval

November 12, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Hi Ollie,

I know we will optimize our website for various devices in the future. I track the number of mobile visits compared to non-mobile and we probably average 5 mobile visits per week. I’ve been on my website with my smartphone and it’s not too bad….but we will change over – just a matter of when.

• robc

November 12, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Yes we are. I use Google analytics and when I saw that more than 20 percent of the clicks on search were mobile we had the improvement made and it seems to be working fine.

• turnkeyautoshop

November 12, 2012 at 11:19 pm

First off, hello AMN members… I am new here and this is my first post. I’d like to offer some advice on the matter of mobile pages that will hopefully help some of you. Mobile sites or at least a mobile friendly page of your website is basically a necessity these days. My company just released a new “Responsive Design” mobile page feature which we provide to all our clients. How it works is we have a mobile detect code built in that will determine if the user is on a mobile device, and if so, automatically re-direct them to the shop owner’s mobile page that will auto size to the users screen size (resolution). It’s basically a scaled down version of their main website and we cut out a lot of the graphics and of course any flash to keep the page fast loading and compatible with most mobile devices. It also has a link to the main website if they choose to view it. I would highly recommend shops take the same approach with their website to give users the option to view the mobile page, or their regular website. As mentioned by another member here, you do not want people jumping away from your site to a competitors just because they can not navigate, or entirely view your main website. If you are looking to do this with your site, mention to your web developer the use of WURFL and “mobile detect code” and have a responsive design page created for your site.

• mfhatem

November 14, 2012 at 7:44 am

hi

can you know about the model year of iveco trucks and scania trucks

and how can read their vin code

thank you

mohamed hatem

John Shanderuk wrote:

> Ollie,

>

> I just finished my website the link is

>

> http://getunity.com/uptownimports

>

> If you don’t have one you should most people use their phones to search now where computers used to be the way to go. You also want to make it friendly to tap on things with a finger not a mouse

>

> John

• Tom

November 14, 2012 at 8:40 pm

mohamed hatem wrote:

> hi

> can you know about the model year of iveco trucks and scania trucks

> and how can read their vin code

> thank you

> mohamed hatem

Try this site:

http://www.auto-vin-decoder.com/