Home » Forums » Equipment And Tools » Hunter alignment machine computer system?

Home Forums Equipment And Tools Hunter alignment machine computer system?

• Hunter alignment machine computer system?

Posted by adrienne224 on October 11, 2017 at 10:26 am

so I was hired into an automotive dealership in the service department where the vehicle alignment machine does not work. since I have a modest amount of computer knowledge, better than the rest in the shop, the service manager has asked me to do what I can do to fix it and avoid having to buy a new one. as far as I know the computer tower is toast. the first thing I tried to do was power up the unit but nothing. since I practically work off the hours I turn. this is all I have done so far, its a busy shop. what I am interested in is finding a way to either download the software for the alignment machine onto a newer computer through a free online download, or trying to transfer the data from the old 1996 32? pin hard drive to a new sata hard drive for use in a new tower. is either possible?

pillorautoworks replied 6 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • pillorautoworks

October 13, 2017 at 10:21 am

Less about cars, more about tools. My shop also has a hunter and in the past I have seen NEWER units have more problems that older ones. I am not sure of the variations on models, but this seems to be a general consensus in my area.

Step One : START WITH THE MANUFACTURE. Reach out to a service and sales rep for Hunter in your area. Tell them your issue before you make any additional effort on modifying or upgrading the desktop. No amount of computer upgrades will fix a fault in the alignment tower electronics.

Step Two : Once they check to see how its working and give there consensus on what to do ( upgrade, repair, or reboot ) weigh your options with the shop. Is this something to invest in considering how much alignment work is done. If it turns out to be something fixable with a software update and re-calibration of hardware, great.

Step Three: If you are still interested in going a solid state rout for the hard drive, yes , doing a ” copy -and -paste ” is possible from one hard drive to the other but there are additional tools and expertise involved. If you have those handy, give it a try on a different computer before you attempt on your alignment machine.