Home » Forums » Employees » How do you find great techs? VW – Audi Repair

Home Forums Employees How do you find great techs? VW – Audi Repair

• How do you find great techs? VW – Audi Repair

Posted by Alan Ollie on November 17, 2010 at 11:53 am

We have plenty of work I need 2 great techs.I have tried 4 so called euro techs lately. Have ads all over the place. Pay is high $26-$30 per hr 45-50 hrs avg and i keep getting is crap. You name the idea i most likely tried it Lets see some fresh ideas . Thanks Ollie

JoeHenry replied 13 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • sutton32-aol-com

November 17, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Ollie,

I too have just blown out a so called everything tech, have plenty of work cannot find anyone to work? They want to start at $20.00 an hour but can only bill 35 hrs. do the math it doesn’t work.

What gives?

I am thinking of becoming a training shop, high school kids at $12.00 per hour and me babysitting and teaching our craft

• Alan Ollie

November 18, 2010 at 2:05 am

The guys at the dealers in south Florida make 27-31 per hr. A few techs showed me YTD pay-stubs gross pay was 74k if had a tech that could avg 47 hrs per week. I would be happy to pay him that much.

• JoeHenry

November 23, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Ollie, I guess you forgot that all you had to do is call or write us, ACT Auto Staffing, for more Euro Tech resumes! I will have my staff pull you more resumes and put them into your account today or tomorrow. – Joe Henry ACT Auto Staffing

• David

November 23, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I always ask a tech how much he wants to make per week, month, year. Then I work the math backwards to show them how to get there. I.E. He wants $60k. $60k/250 business days=$240 per day. Now I ask how many hours he flagged @ his last job (knowing most will fib high). Numbers don’t lie…$240 per day / 9 hours= $26.66 per hour. As long as he puts out 9 he will gross $60k. Who wants a $30/hour tech that flags 7 hours a day. When you work the numbers like this most will see how to get to the gross $$ he wants.

• Alan Ollie

November 24, 2010 at 7:09 pm

I was disappointed with the 12 apps you sent. One was great but the guy applied 6 months ago and has not moved from up north yet.. I am not looking for a ex food prep guy . I want a master tech .

If some one on the site has had luck with ACT please post. I would like to try his services again .

Joe Henry wrote:

> Ollie, I guess you forgot that all you had to do is call or write us, ACT Auto Staffing, for more Euro Tech resumes! I will have my staff pull you more resumes and put them into your account today or tomorrow. – Joe Henry ACT Auto Staffing

• Alan Ollie

November 24, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Great point… I just got off the phone with a real winner he is looking for a new job but said he makes $1500 take home and does not work very hard. He only want to be paid in cash because he does not think he should pay taxes.

• JoeHenry

November 24, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Allen, let help you read the resumes we sent. I am sure it is you were just a little hasty and did not see all the detail. It happens. Here is a summary of what we sent you 11/23/2010. – Joe Henry

ONIX HERNANDEZ – Volkswagen and Audi authorize dealer certified master technician since 1998 performing repair on all vehicles systems.

PAUL BARTOLI – January 2010 ~ End Date: June 2010 Company Name: Sovereign Motor Cars Job Title: service technician/shop foreman (He is a Master Tech)

JUSTIN ADAM BOYCE- ASE Master Certified Technician/ Jaguar Master Certified A professional

EUGENIO GONZALEZ – Master Tech and worked for Esserman Acura/Volkswagen

HARRY CARRASQUILLO – 25 years as a Tech and worked- Date: November 2006 ~ End Date: May 2009 Company Name: Mercedes Benz of Pompano

THOMAS G SNYDER – Most Recent Title: Shop Technician G1 MASTER and has worked in two Mecedes car dealerships

Alan Ollie Gelfand Pres. wrote:

> I was disappointed with the 12 apps you sent. One was great but the guy applied 6 months ago and has not moved from up north yet.. I am not looking for a ex food prep guy . I want a master tech .

>

> If some one on the site has had luck with ACT please post. I would like to try his services again .

>

> Joe Henry wrote:

> > Ollie, I guess you forgot that all you had to do is call or write us, ACT Auto Staffing, for more Euro Tech resumes! I will have my staff pull you more resumes and put them into your account today or tomorrow. – Joe Henry ACT Auto Staffing