Home » Forums » Auto and Truck Shop Management Software » How did you find your current software?

Home Forums Auto and Truck Shop Management Software How did you find your current software?

• Dustin B

May 17, 2019 at 8:51 pm

Hey Jon! Man, I can’t tell you how many free trials I’ve done. I’ve spent hours of google searching, looked through everything here etc. We just passed our 3 year anniversary of opening in our small little dead town, still holding on by the skin of our teeth. When we started, I thought I was prepared for most of the setup, what hit me hardest was sticker shock on most of the software, so my broad search got much much smaller, once I decided on a price point, I then thinned the heard more by focusing on the main things we wanted which were labor times and customer database in one program. We ended up selecting Real Time Labor Guide and we’re still very happy customers. It definitely doesn’t do everything but at its price point, what it does, it does extremely well and we couldn’t be happier. Now that’s not to say I don’t have ones that I want to upgrade to sometime in the future. My search yielded what we ended up picking, but I also kept a note of a couple of others that were early in development to keep my eyes on over time, so that if we ever do need or want to switch, I don’t have to start all over again.

• Jon Vorisek

May 31, 2019 at 9:53 am

Very cool, Dustin. Thanks for that.

• Unknown Member

April 15, 2020 at 2:44 pm

We’ve written a buying guide for shop management software that you may find helpful!