Home » Forums » Parts and Tire related topics » GM preformed brake line kits for full sized pickups

Home Forums Parts and Tire related topics GM preformed brake line kits for full sized pickups

• GM preformed brake line kits for full sized pickups

Posted by Joseph Van syoc on July 26, 2018 at 4:24 pm

I have seen these from Dorman in recent years, and curious to know if anyone is installing them?  Average labor times?  also how do you route the preformed lines? Are you raising the cab and or box, or removing the fuel tank for access? The one thing I do know is running and splicing new lines, especially to the front of the truck is a major PITA and takes too much time.  The one to the back, no so bad, but those 4 to the front arrrgh………

Joseph Van syoc replied 5 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Joe Fordyce

July 31, 2018 at 10:45 am

You will come out ahead if you get the GM kit.  Saves a lot of time trying to bend everything just right.  There aren’t that many that require that you actually have to lift the cab or bed to do them.  I think the last kit I bought from my Chevy dealer was $49 on RepairLink.  How could I not buy it?  Even if you have to make one or two, or join two sections with a union, you still come out ahead.

• agssalesmanager

August 1, 2018 at 2:30 pm

Hi Guys I saw this thread on LinkedIn and wanted to make you aware that my company AGS Company Automotive Solutions came up with a application specific kit that is made out of Nickel Copper vs Stainless Steel. The material allows for the installer to bend the lines around gas tanks and drive shafts so they don’t have to remove those parts.  You can buy it at local part stores, Rock Auto and NAPA will soon have them.  We offer 65 numbers now with another 45 coming at the end of August. Here is the video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s87C53ZNtbE

The other benefits are that Nickel Copper does not rust and the fittings on the line are black oxide coated to prevent corrosion.

Thanks,

Sean (sales manager)

• Joseph Van syoc

August 1, 2018 at 6:42 pm

Great, now can you tell us which major parts suppliers carry them?

• Joseph Van syoc

August 1, 2018 at 6:45 pm

Of course there is not a repairlink dealer within 200 miles of me.  An OE application chart would be nice, it is a real PITA to have to phone the dealer with a VIN every time you want to write an estimate

• Joseph Van syoc

August 1, 2018 at 6:48 pm

Well I have been seeing times ranging from 4.5 ( the OE TSB) to over 12.0 with most guys saying about 8.0 and Chiltons publishing 7.7  Still seems like you need to raise the cab up a little to clear the mess at the left rear cab corner and to access the clips