- November 3, 2014 at 8:58 am#64495Site Administrator / Forum ModeratorKeymaster
Employing the correct marketing strategy can be critical to success. A good deal of what will constitute the best strategy is contingent upon the disposition of the business owner and the makeup of the geographic market serviced. This writing explores 4 different marketing strategies but it should be noted that while a company may employ a particular method to a significant degree any business can assume the role of leader, challenger, follower or niche marketer at the service offering level. The most important factor is that any given strategy must be employed with care and diligence. Following are marketing strategies that can be employed in automotive repair:
- Market Leader – Attaining a leadership position in the market can stimulate business growth and success. The first prerequisite to reaching a leadership position is a clear definition of the market …Read More >>
- Market Challenger – A market challenger has a smaller piece of its target market than the market leader but is in a position to compete and increase market share. The market leader may have more resources available and be in a stronger position to acquire and retain customers so the challenger must be judicious in choosing the best way to grow … Read More >>
- Market Follower – A market follower strategy is employed by companies that want to allow a market leader to bear the cost of developing a new product or service offering then introduce their own version. The follower can often provide the same offering at a lower cost as they don’t need to recoup the higher cost of introducing a new product into the marketplace … Read More >>
- Niche Marketing – A niche market refers to a group of people within a larger market that possess similar interests. In automotive repair a niche market can be defined in a number of ways such as demographically (age, gender, etc.), make of vehicle driven, business or consumer and more …Read More >>
616-340-2380June 27, 2015 at 10:43 pm#74063zedMember
Advertising? What can I do to seriously increase, even double my RO Averages?
BUT EVEN MORE IMPORTANT! HOW CAN I CREATE MUCH HIGHER NUMBERS FOR “FULL PRICE
What does auto repair advertising have to do with Full Price Retention. In
fact, WHAT IS FULL PRICE RETENTION? I’ve never even heard that phrase
before. (That is only because it was just created 3 days ago.)
Full Price Retention is simply this. When you send out your auto repair
advertising direct mail marketing, you skip over the needy, low income
customers who you are actually losing money on. Needy customers who never come back at full
price because they can’t afford to.
How can I do that. Simple – you target only the PRIME CUSTOMERS who have nice cars (cars that they love enough to keep it running to perfection) and have the money to pay you well for your services. It is these customers alone who will come back to your shop as loyal, full price customers. It is these customers that you would call “FULL PRICE RETENTION” Customers.
But why am I not getting more Prime customers and Full Price Retention with the
auto repair advertising direct mail I am currently using.
IT IS BECAUSE MOST AUTO REPAIR ADVERITING PROGRAMS ATTRACT THE WRONG RAW
MATERIAL. YOU CANNOT BUILD
HIGH INCOME PROFITS – IF YOU ARE WORKING WITH LOW INCOME RAW MATERIAL!
What does the phrase Raw Material mean? Just like putting up a building, you
need to go out and purchase raw materials to build it. Cheap raw materials
build a cheap building! Higher quality raw materials build a strong, classy,
long enduring building.
Auto repair advertising direct mail success is built the same way. Cheap mass mailings that target everyone and every type of car is almost always a guaranteed a low
Highly targeted mailings sent to car owners (selected by car make and year) is massively more successful in delivering significantly higher RO
averages. And 70% to 80% higher Full Price Retention Levels!
income, customers who drive old vehicles, or simply basic transportation vehicles, will
never become loyal, full price customers. They either can’t afford you, or are just not willing to pay
full price for anything.
MOST WASTED TIME CAN BE DIRECTLY BLAMED ON NEEDY CUSTOMERS WHO NEVER BRING IN ENOUGH BUSINESS TO MAKE IT WORTH YOUR WHILE.
On The Other Hand – Prime
Customers (who decide they like you after the first visit) will come back over
and over again, becoming part of your permanent data base. Only Prime customers will come back as FULL PRICE RETENTION CUSTOMERS – because they have the money to pay you well
for your service! THIS IS WHERE HIGHER RO AVERAGES COME FROM!
Retention is nice. But FULL
PRICE RETENTION is Paradise!
How do you find large numbers of the right raw materials?
income zip codes or mailing lists?
not. Car Count is meaningless. Price per card mailed is meaningless.
Both of these methods still hit and attract primarily low income, basic transportation
customers looking for the deal. And both of these methods typically use the “Shop Appeal” postcard design to attract every car make you work on. This strategy has lost most of its attraction power over the last 5 to 7 years. But shops still use it because it is cheap. Even though it doesn’t drive enough Prime Customers to your shop.
If you want to seriously increase your income with your Auto Repair Advertising Direct Mail – Car Make Marketing is the only way to reach the right customers, with the right
cars, who have the right income levels, to pay you well for your services.
How is that
done? Getting a list of your favorite vehicles. The cars you make the most
money on. The cars you can repair the quickest and have the least come-backs
on. THAT IS WHERE HIGH INCOME COMES FROM! How is this done? By getting the perfect mailing list by car make and year.
There is a
DMV List available in 16 States. And what is called a Comp-A list that has the very best compiled list counts (the closest to DMV List accuracy) in states that do not have the DMV List Available.
When you do
your auto repair advertising direct mail marketing this way, you are 90% sure
that the customer who rolls onto your lot, will be the right customer, with the
right car and the right income to pay you handsomely.
The right strategy and the right raw material can make changes in your profits
you never knew could be possible.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.