Home » Forums » Everything Else » Flat rate dabase? Where to find?

Home Forums Everything Else Flat rate dabase? Where to find?

• Flat rate dabase? Where to find?

Posted by Tom Kendrick on July 15, 2020 at 6:29 pm

I’m installing a Fleet Management software system for our fleet shop.  One of the thing that I like to do is have Labor task rates (flat rates) in the system.  I create a w/o, assign the tasks and then the tech does the work and their actual labor is measured against a standard; the flat rate.  I’ve been able to acquire flat rates for snowmobiles, UTV’s/ATV’s, snowblowers, snow cats, chain saws, and more, all from the OEM’s/dealers.  I’ve compiled all of that date from .pdf’s and spread sheets, into a master spread sheet that I can upload into our Fleet Management system all at one time….but I still need the rates/tasks for general vehicles (pick up trucks).  To acquire that piece, I called our Chev dealer (we have mostly Chevy trucks) and they get all their flat rates from Alldata; there is no OEM data??  Apparently?

We have a subscription to ProDemand and can get rates from there, but extracting them would be a case-by-case endeavor and take an eternity.  I called Mitchell1 and asked if they could email me data from their main database of rates and they didn’t know WTF I was talking about.  They get their data from somewhere!  Where? They didn’t seem to know.  Or know how to isolate it and share it.

Anyone know where I can find this data?  I need all the conceivable tasks/rates for GMT400, GMT800, GMT900, K2XX and late ’90’s/early 2k’s Ford F250’s.  Ideally in Excel format.
    Where does this data live?  How does one get it?  Who can I call?

Thanks for reading.

J. Larry Bloodworth replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • J. Larry Bloodworth

July 23, 2020 at 10:12 am

Tom,

I’ve looked off and on, for the same type of information on passenger vehicles and light trucks for more than 25 years and have yet to find it.  If you find it, post your source here.  Thanks for sharing.

• Tom Kendrick

July 23, 2020 at 1:53 pm

Larry,  I’ve gotten a BUNCH of suggestions on iATN…most weren’t helpful, but a few were, sort of.  Basically it doesn’t seem like this info is available wholesale, even if you’re willing to pay.  Which sucks.  What I DID find was autolaborexpert.com, which is similar to other rate/time sites, but, you can select a vehicle, then built a “Ticket”, and just click every conceivable task for that vehicle.  Then, and here is the good part…you can click “submit”, and it gives you an entire list of what you’ve selected; task name, hours, charge (based you what you input for shop rate).   You can highlight that entire ticket, then it fairly neatly pastes right into an Excel document.  Bam….there is all your rates for that particular vehicle or platform.

It’s not nearly as easy as I was hoping to find, but it’s doable.  HTH

• J. Larry Bloodworth

July 23, 2020 at 9:30 pm

Tom,

Thank you a bunch!!!

I’m checking it out right now.