Home » Forums » Customer Service » Every Time I Come In…You’re Telling Me I Need Something

Home Forums Customer Service Every Time I Come In…You’re Telling Me I Need Something

• Every Time I Come In…You’re Telling Me I Need Something

Posted by Site Administrator on November 21, 2022 at 3:24 pm

Heard this one before? When a first-time customer comes into a service facility it’s not uncommon for service advisors to “hold back” on some of the recommendations, so the customer doesn’t think they’re trying to generate unnecessary auto repair sales. Their thinking is that they don’t want to scare the customer away by telling them they need a long list of repairs or services. So even though the vehicle needs those seals and a transmission service, they’ll just recommend the brake service the customer came in for. Their plan is to then recommend those additional services the next time the customer comes in.

Unfortunately, this leads to having to tell a customer something during each subsequent visit they should have heard during their last visit! It’s also your ethical responsibility to tell your customer EVERYTHING that is wrong with their vehicle. To make matters worse, what if another shop discovers the need for those services that you “overlooked?” So do this! Do a complete and thorough inspection with every first time customer, tell them everything you discovered, and then use your sales skills to help them see the value in doing all the repairs. If they decide to pass on some of your recommendations, then one thing is for certain: there will be no surprises the next time they come in. Hold back … and both you and your customers lose!

Bob Cooper

Elite Worldwide

Site Administrator replied 1 year, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.