Posted by hank on December 17, 2010 at 1:42 am

Sometimes I feel like running away from the shop do to stress and

bs how do you deal with that , 11 bays 3 techs 1 service writer and

me

Alan Ollie replied 13 years, 3 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Tom Piippo

December 21, 2010 at 8:19 pm

A lot of people use drugs and alcohol, but I don’t suggest it. The natural endorphin buzz of physical activity is VERY beneficial to coping with stress. The enzymes and hormones released by excerize are very similar to those released by some drugs, but only with positive side effects. (Helps to control weight gain, blood pressure, blood sugar, etc…) I’m usually able to puzzle out the delima’s left over at the end of the day, come up with a new game plan for the next day.

Personally, I like to go for a long slow run in the woods. Now that the ground is snow-covered I strap on the snow shoes or cross country skiis. Sometimes I attack the wood pile with an axe to releive frustrations. Whatever it is that suits you; the treadmill or weight bench in the basement, join the local health club/ gym, or even just a long walk to be alone, I’m sure you will feel an improvement in your state of mind. Give it a try.

• chopshopcustoms

January 7, 2011 at 12:57 pm

people say yoga works or mayeb a gym to get the stress out. I have been thinking of joining a gym (way out of my comfort zone!) to see if it helps too.

• Alan Ollie

January 8, 2011 at 1:10 am

Have Tom setup your shop and help you. I am only at the shop 25-30 hr’s week .I work from my house 100 hours a week

• mvg

January 11, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I agree with Mr. Piippo. I go to the gym for a an hour every day and it really helps to maintain perspective and to reduce stress.

Ollie – Tom who?

• Alan Ollie

January 12, 2011 at 4:48 am

Tom Ham Tye mod of this site