I just want to know if their is any Dealer Principle resources out

there?

I would love to be one in the future.

Thanks in advance.

autodealerfocus replied 11 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • BAYVIEWMOORE

March 27, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Ive been there and all I can say is the grass is not always greener! If the opportunity ever pops up, take a good long look at the # of cars sold and what the average gross is per car in your territory! Service and parts are great, but they will not carry a dealership on thier owm! Get a customer count of how many “leads” walk through the dooor in a month. You need to sell a minimum of 25%. Now take that number and times it by the average gross per unit (factor in 2% holdback profit from manufacturer) and see if you cover 50% of rent/mortgage responsabilities. Another aspect to consider is Used Cars, This all depends on type of dealer. A BMW dealer may make out well moving 25 – 30 used cars per month at an average profit of $1500.00. But what happens to the Hyundai guy trying to sell used cars at 6% financing whem he has a BRAND NEW ACCENT in the showroom selling for $9999.00 at 0%? You will lose the used deal every time. When you are dealing with a brand that only supports new sales, you will always have a hard time making money. Profit needs to come in from all corners of the store. Not just the showroom. Just my 2 cents…

Gerry Mooney
    President Bayview Moore Auto / Top Fuel Tuning
    416 421 2020
    Visit us online today!
  • autodealerfocus

April 20, 2013 at 2:57 pm

NADA Dealer Academy is one of the best dealer training programs around. Most OEM’s sponsor some type of dealer school. Good luck!