Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » dan cricks marketing

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops dan cricks marketing

• dan cricks marketing

Posted by david Graber on January 3, 2011 at 2:18 am

has anybody heard of dan cricks? he has a marketing company and use to be a garage owner for years. has anybody heard of him and has had any luck using his marketing ideals? or is there anybody who had any luck with another marketing company?

marcdaniels replied 13 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • chipstrans

January 7, 2011 at 3:17 am

Hi, Dave – I met Dan when we were both going to Cinron seminars. (I was a Cinron “Pinnacle” member for two years – 9K/yr – worth it.) Dan became very good at doing his own marketing using Cinron methods and decided to strike out on his own. Some of the Cinron members even followed him. He does something similar to Cinron but adds his own techniques. Dan is a great guy and he’s over-the-top helpful. I would recommend him wholeheartedly. Really, though, anyone with the know-how can be your marketing guru – the thing is, will you do what they suggest? The potential ROI is very good in the long run but, in my experience, not so hot in the short run but, I believe, only because I was a new shop in a new area. I was looking for an immediate 4 to 1 return on my marketing dollar (break even) but never saw those kind of results. However, over the past couple of years, the initial hits I did get have paid off (solid clients). In the meantime, you can run out of money unless you have a lot of capital. OTOH, there were plenty of other Cinron members that were grossing 10 times their investment using the same material I was using. The big difference was that they were already well entrenched in their respective marketing areas. When you’re new to an area (especially small towns), your demographic can be very cliquish – people don’t trust newcomers much. Of course, there’s plenty of things you can do that don’t cost much money outside of the cost of fliers, gas money and your time. Dan will teach you all that stuff, too. In a nutshell (yeah, I know – too late) , marketing is something we all need to learn but few of us do. It’s fun if nothing else. Most owners can do the repair work, some understand the administration, very few understand sales and almost NONE know ANYTHING about marketing. So, my advice to you is, hook up with Dan and learn what you need to know. Besides, he has a money back guarantee – ya can’t lose. BTW, both Ron Ipach of Cinron and Dan Cricks are students of Dan Kennedy, THE marketing guru of all time. Check him out – his stuff is great. But before you sign up for any of his seminars, buy and read some of his books. It’s the same stuff MUCH less expensive. Another great guy is Craig Garber. You can sign up for FREE marketing tips (via email) at both their websites. Of course, they’re gonna try to sell you stuff but the free tips are golden and you can opt out whenever you like. These guys are the real deal and they don’t spam. The thing about Cricks though, is that he specializes in automotive marketing and that saves tons of time. HTH

• david Graber

January 7, 2011 at 5:35 am

thank you very much for the infomation.

• marcdaniels

January 7, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I second what Chip said. I too was a Cinron member when I met Dan at one of Cinrons seminars. The thing that made me like Dan was he was down to earth about everything and didn’t play up to being the greatest. I have been an active member with Dan Cricks since 2004 and have learned so much to turn my shop around that it makes other shops in my area’s head spin. We to are a small town shop but we have been here for 37 years. The response that we get to the type of marketing we are doing blows even me away. Not so much even the money aspect but the notaritary. I have clients calling me even if they dont need service but they got one of our mailings and they just had to call. It has been a great program and yes I also agree with Chip as to get involved with Dan Kennedy, I have been a memeber of his coaching program for at least the same amount of time and have read all the books he wrote. Very worth it, it will open your eyes to a whole new world and mindset about the business, economy, world and everything around. Good luck