Home » Forums » Auto and Truck Shop Management Software » Changing software and finding customer history

Home Forums Auto and Truck Shop Management Software Changing software and finding customer history

• rhopp

April 11, 2011 at 5:12 am

We’ve changed several times over the years & been able to keep previous

versions running till we didn’t use them any more. As long as you have

the database (assuming it can be opened with MS Access) a decent

programmer should be able to setup a report allowing you a spreadsheet

type view.

Hope this helps. We’re in the final stages of testing to run Protractor

Enterprise (two locations).

What system(s) are you considering? Care to share insights?

• prairietire

April 11, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Hello,

Check with “PACE” systems. He came from the auto service business in the 8os and I have had his system since. After The original DOS system was updated years ago,they were able to convert and install all past tickets and history to the new system. Very happy with his serive and they are just outside your back door. Hope this helps.

• rowriter-rick

April 12, 2011 at 10:26 am

The question is what system are you currently using. We have converted data off of over 50 dofferent shop management systems over the years. However there are some software suppliers that encrypt the data and make it impossible to move your history to a new system. Can’t speak for any of the software suppliers out there but R.O. Writer had a very solid record for doing full data conversions off of legacy systems.

• catc

May 4, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Can you share some of the companies that encrypt data so it can’t be exported?

• bay-master

May 9, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Depending on the company that you are switching to, they may be able to

convert your data to your new system from the old one giving you instant

access to the much needed vehicle history. I know we have that

availability. What system are you currently using. If you have any

questions feel free to contact me anytime. I am more than happy to help

whether it be our shop management system or others.

• sbaltzer

May 11, 2011 at 12:35 am

Hi, make sure you let us know when/if you change shop management systems. If it’s of any value, we can export your database back to you in a file you can give to your new sms vendor, no charge. Of course it won’t have all the specific vehicle history but at least all the year, make, model, name, address, etc. is available as a back up. By the way, you already have 49 pending on-line reviews for you to post to your internet landing place page, facebook, etc. Lot’s of 5 stars, good job.

• catc

September 10, 2011 at 7:22 pm

The system we changed from encrypted data so it wasn’t available from that source, but since the invoice/vehicle detail was imported into Quickbooks, the guys at TABS were able to pull the detail from there and import it so we could access customer history in the new software, which was an important factor to us. TABS tech support can also import any data that can be exported in Excel format. TABS has delivered what we needed and more. For the record, I do not represent TABS in any way other than being a satisfied customer. And we all know how important that is in our businesses.

• indytech

September 15, 2011 at 6:47 pm

I’ve been using this program for 4 years now and its been just great perfect for my use ,

Here is the link maybe it will fit in with your system .

You can call up any history file of the customer or vehicle.

here is there link http://www.autoshopwiz.com/

Regards Greg

• baymastersms

November 28, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Hey,

I have a software Bay-masteR shop management software which allows u to

transfer old data to be viewed in the Bay-masteR software. For more

information call me at 1-800-922-2378

Corey