Home » Forums » Equipment And Tools » Atlas (Greg Smith) Alignment Rack, Opinions? Thoughts?

Home Forums Equipment And Tools Atlas (Greg Smith) Alignment Rack, Opinions? Thoughts?

• Atlas (Greg Smith) Alignment Rack, Opinions? Thoughts?

Posted by mspecperformance on October 10, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Hi guys, I apologize if this topic has come up before. I did a search and I could not find anything specifically answering my question…

I will be in the market to purchase a new alignment rack for my second location. I will be looking to flush mount the rack (scissor). I am already set on a Hunter Hawk Eye as I currently own one and I would never purchase another aligner (have had BAD experiences with Bosch camera system). I was set on also getting the rack from Hunter to the tune of 30-35k. I was also eyeing the Atlas 12k scissor lift for around 11k. I have had mixed experience with a no name brand where my techs complain that there may be something wrong with the rack itself.
    I am really not in any mood to deal with potential problems with the quality and accuracy due to a poor rack. saving 20k is enticing however I am looking for a set up that works flawlessly. 
    Anyone with experience with this lift I would love some feedback. Thanks 
    Joe Fordyce replied 7 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Joe Fordyce

October 11, 2016 at 7:17 pm

The Hunter rack interacts with the Hawkeye alignment system, so I would just go for that.  Automatically unlocks the turnplates, and if you get the tire inflation system, it interacts right on the screen (plus it prints it on the alignment results).  Yeah it’s more money, but you get what you pay for, especially in this case.