Home » Forums » Equipment And Tools » Air Conditioning Recover, Reclaim, Recharge

Home Forums Equipment And Tools Air Conditioning Recover, Reclaim, Recharge

• Air Conditioning Recover, Reclaim, Recharge

Posted by nctransmission on July 28, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I bought a used unit last year that has seen some hard use. I wanted to test out the market before I went all-in for a new machine, but with HO 1234YF on the way I think I may make a move soon. Snap on wants 5-8 grand for theirs, but is it worth it?

What machines are you using, why, and what do you like about it??

SpencersAuto replied 11 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Tom Piippo

August 3, 2011 at 12:52 am

Robinair machines seem to set the industry benchmark. Several OE’s use them. I’ve had one for 5 trouble-free years. Shop around, decide if you need a fully automatic machine or a manual one with hand valves. Expect to pay about half of the figure you stated.

• cargal

August 5, 2011 at 6:56 pm

I purchased two fully automatic FloDynamic machines in April of 2009 and they have been nothing but trouble. I have had a service person out here at least 4 times each season and had to contact the factory on the latest break down last week. It’s in their repair shop now with a bad compressor… a slight $1000 repair. The second machine goes in when the first is returned to you. For the two machines I paid $8700.00. I won’t make that mistake again.

• gchilds57

August 12, 2011 at 2:12 am

RobinAir is the ONLY way to go. Work great and make a lot of money with them!

• SpencersAuto

May 19, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Daniel Fenti wrote:

> I bought a used unit last year that has seen some hard use. I wanted to test out the market before I went all-in for a new machine, but with HO 1234YF on the way I think I may make a move soon. Snap on wants 5-8 grand for theirs, but is it worth it?

>

> What machines are you using, why, and what do you like about it??

Don’t buy much from SnapOn except hand tools. Do not like their scan tools or equipment. I feel HO 1234YF is still way off before we see it if at all.

Have had thre Robinair and they were ok at best. Just purchased the new RTi because of the new spec and we also opted for the Hybrid option. So far it has been very good.