Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » A Case For Live Chat On Your Website

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops A Case For Live Chat On Your Website

• A Case For Live Chat On Your Website

Posted by J. Larry Bloodworth on September 14, 2019 at 1:51 am

Imagine seeing an advertisement for a new store that’s just opened in your neighborhood, but when you walk into the store, there’s no one there to greet you.  In fact, there are no employees there at all. No salespeople walking the floor. No clerks behind the counters. And what makes the situation even more puzzling is that all of the store’s shelves are empty.  There are no actual products that you can sample or try out, only pictures and descriptions.

At first glance, this appears to be a store –a store that you just saw an advertisement for a few minutes ago, – that won’t let you buy anything.

But then you see it: Way in the back, there’s an old dusty table, and on that table is a pen and a clipboard. “Ready to buy?” the form on the clipboard says.  “Just fill this out and we’ll follow up with you later.”

“But what if I’m ready to buy now?” you ask aloud to no one.

The above scenario sounds ridiculous because it absolutely is ridiculous.  No brick-and-mortar store would pay for ads and generate buzz only to ignore potential customers once they showed up.  Unfortunately, that’s exactly what most businesses have been doing with their websites.

Instead of greeting visitors when they drop by our websites, we’ve been ignoring them.  Instead of offering visitors assistance in real-time (while they’re already right there and clearly interested), we’ve been making them fill out forms and wait.  Worst of all, even when people do take the time to fill out forms, they’re not guaranteed to get a response. In a recent survey of 512 companies’ websites, 58% of the companies never followed up with the website visitor who filled out forms and tried to get in touch with sales.

-Instead-

What if you could have a live conversation with visitors to your website?  I’m not talking an automated chatbot, but your employee, office person, or salesperson engaging a visitor in a real-time live 1-on-1 chat. How many more leads a week could you drive to your shop by simply being there and available on-demand to people who are clearly interested by virtue of being on your shop’s website? Think about it.

Alan Ollie replied 4 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Alan Ollie

September 26, 2019 at 8:35 am

I hade it years ago. Seemed like mostly price shoppers. Many people wanted tech help. But I do like the idea.