15 Pieces Of Equipment Every Auto Repair Shop Needs Under $30000 (USD)
Running an auto repair shop requires having the right equipment to perform maintenance and repairs on vehicles. Whether you’re just starting out or looking to upgrade your current setup, these 15 essential pieces of equipment will help you get the job done right.
- Lifts: Vehicle lifts are a must-have for any auto repair shop. They allow mechanics to safely and efficiently access the undercarriage of a vehicle for repairs, inspections, and maintenance.
- Tire Changers: Changing tires is a common task in an auto repair shop, and having the right tire changers can make the job faster and more efficient.
- Wheel Balancers: Wheel balancers help to ensure that a vehicle’s wheels are balanced and provide a smooth ride. These machines are essential for tire shops and auto repair shops.
- Air Compressors: Air compressors are used to power a wide range of tools and equipment in an auto repair shop. They are essential for powering impact wrenches, air ratchets, and other pneumatic tools.
- Welding Machines: Welding is a common task in an auto repair shop, and having the right welding machines is essential. MIG and TIG welders are the most common types used in auto repair shops.
- Battery Chargers: Dead batteries are a common problem for many drivers. Having a good quality battery charger can help to quickly recharge dead batteries and get drivers back on the road.
- Brake Lathes: Brake lathes are used to resurface brake rotors, allowing them to be reused instead of replaced. This is a cost-effective solution for many drivers and a valuable service for auto repair shops to offer.
- Scan Tools: Modern vehicles have complex onboard computer systems that require specialized diagnostic equipment. Scan tools allow mechanics to read and diagnose problems with a vehicle’s onboard computer system.
- Engine Hoists: Engine hoists are used to remove and install engines in vehicles. They are essential for larger engine repairs and overhauls.
- Transmission Jacks: Transmission jacks are used to remove and install transmissions in vehicles. They are essential for larger transmission repairs and overhauls.
- Power Tools: Power tools such as drills, saws, and grinders are essential for many tasks in an auto repair shop.
- Jack Stands: Jack stands are used to support a vehicle while it is lifted on a jack. They are essential for safety and stability while working under a vehicle.
- Oil Drain Pans: Oil drain pans are used to collect used oil when changing a vehicle’s oil. They are essential for keeping the shop clean and safe.
- Workbenches: Workbenches provide a workspace for mechanics to perform repairs and maintenance on vehicles.Get a heavy-duty, quality workbench that can handle all of your heavy tools and the environment of your shop. Steel can handle dings, scratches, etc as opposed to wooden ones that can break much easier.
- Strut Compressor: People always need new struts, around 70,000 miles. This tool can make you a lot of money. It will make you faster, and you can do a lot more suspension work on customer cars. Get a heavy-duty one, that can handle bigger vehicles like Ford F-150’s.
Sorry, there were no replies found.
Log in to reply.