June 4, 2019 at 8:05 am #89923
It’s there. So obvious you see it and work around it every day. But yet you don’t do anything about it? Or maybe you don’t think there is a way to fix it? Or you don’t think you have the time to deal with it?
Answer these questions before seeing what others may have listed. I’m curious to see what will be shared.June 4, 2019 at 2:00 pm #89937Site Administrator / Forum ModeratorKeymaster
When we did a member survey (Hours Produced – What Limits Them at Your Shop?) the top 5 items were:
Parts availability 21%
Technician ability 12%
Serviced advisor ability 12%
616-340-2380June 5, 2019 at 9:46 am #89970
That’s great news that the “work” is already done in determining the issues shops face.
How many votes were used to tabulate these numbers?
I suggest we look at each item, recognize the causes and see what can be done to eliminate them.
Authorizations at 23% is a leading issue causing shops to struggle.
Here are the processes that I see have an effect on getting authorizations. Please feel free to add any I missed.
1. Getting clear and accurate information from the technician. This includes copying and translating into your management system.
2. Sometimes having to speak with the tech and getting more information to fully understand what is needed.
3. Building the estimate. Includes putting together costs of labor, parts and such. Checking on ability of parts. Breaking the estimate down into “smaller” chunks that the customer maybe able to afford.
4. Trying to reach the customer. No voicemail, full voicemail, leaving a long messages. Waiting on call back.
5. Having reached the customer explaining the why of the recommendations and needs in a language that the customer needs to understand.
6. Transferring approved work to the repair order after finding it, adding to the management system.
7. Re-dispatching the job to the technician.
What did I miss?June 5, 2019 at 10:13 am #89972Site Administrator / Forum ModeratorKeymaster
To view the survey go to: https://www.automotivemanagementnetwork.com/surveys-polls-2/
Then enter in the search box: Hours Produced – What Limits Them at Your Shop?
616-340-2380June 13, 2019 at 8:52 am #90194
So out of the list of above steps that affect getting authorizations I feel this is the one that causes most delays.
“Trying to reach the customer. No voicemail, full voicemail, leaving a long messages. Waiting on call back.”
Mind you, it is not the only item we will consider.
If you haven’t noticed, the phone is no longer an effective tool. Did you know that?
The FCC says half the phone calls you get on your mobile device this year will be spam or spoof. People are now ignoring their phone calls and your shop is probably one of them.
It’s time to text….Why? check out these statistics!!
·Consumers are more likely to open text messages before any other form of mobile communication (OpenMarket Millennial Datasheet)
·Text message response rates are 209% higher than phone call response rates. (FranchiseHelp, Text Request)
·26 Billion Text messages are sent every day. (Statistic Brain)
Why are you not communicating with your customers they way they want to communicate?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.