Home » Forums » Equipment And Tools » Tire changer

Home Forums Equipment And Tools Tire changer

• newell08

November 8, 2011 at 11:57 pm

my equipment repair service has told me of some of the cheap changers and balancers are a buyer beware. hopefully you will get a report on these units. good luck ,I know moneys tight in all sectors of our industry. Good luck

• Voit Ritch

November 9, 2011 at 1:32 am

We purchased a Ranger RX 3040 which is very similar. It has been a love/hate relationship. The machine overall is vety fast and efficient. The quality of certain parts is the issue. All the plastic items are weak and brittle (bead rollers etc.). The steel mounting hook has bent & broken. And just today the gear box that turns the wheel exploded. To the credit of the company they have warranteed everything and we have had it almost a year. I also am a machinist and metal fabricator so I have improved the weaknesses as they have surfaced. Many of the Asian pieces of equipment are fairly direct copies of some brand name examples. In this case the Bosch machine with some added features. The Ranger seemed like the best of all the new style machines available feature wise. Combining the benefits of all I have looked at.

I just met Greg Smith at the AAPEX show in Vegas. He seemed like a straight forward business man who would stand behind his product. I am contemplating one of his alignment lifts in the future.

• mrenn1040-hotmail-com

November 9, 2011 at 7:08 pm

i bought a bend pack ranger couple months ago was around 3k so far we love it got through cornwell tools