Home » Forums » Shop Design & Efficiency » Survey – Government inspectors visiting your shop

Home Forums Shop Design & Efficiency Survey – Government inspectors visiting your shop

• Survey – Government inspectors visiting your shop

Posted by Site Administrator on July 24, 2013 at 4:57 am

How many government inspection visits have you had at your shop during the past year?

_____ Federal

_____ State

_____ Local

Have government inspections at your shop over the past few years:

_____ Increased

_____ Stayed about the same

_____ Decreased

How much have you been fined during the past year for some type of violation?

$_____ Total

Feel free to add details.

joecval replied 10 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • joecval

July 24, 2013 at 8:19 am

How many government inspection visits have you had at your shop during the past year?

_____ Federal

__1___ State

_____ Local

We had the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) visit us in the spring of 2012 to investigate a report that we were dumping waste oil down the drain….completely ridiculous, I get good money for my waste oil why in the world would I dump it into the sewer. I heard of a shop down the road a year prior getting checked out for the same thing. I did confirm with the 2 agents that came in they did receive an anonymous phone call that we were dumping waste oil down the drain. Of course we passed the inspection with flying colors, my guess as to who the anonymous tipper was, most likely a competitor. The DNR did ask for a years worth of receipts indicating who was taking our waste oil which we furnished without a problem. We did not receive any fines for this or for anything else either which was a relief.