• Posted by Wayne on January 17, 2012 at 9:21 pm

kinda of strange i always throught paypal was only for internet.

this past week I have had 3 clients asking if I take paypal.

Any one have any input. Are you doing it. do you know fees?

dougfentiman replied 12 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Alan Ollie

January 20, 2012 at 2:09 am

We take Paypal .It is the about the same fees for a card taken over the phone. But it is much safer as far as charge backs.

Make sure your paypal invoice clearly states the charge is for service and parts rendered. For the person picking up the car.

We do not offer refunds for any reason.

If it is a first time customer we require a picture of both party’s DL.

We are in Florida and people have tried every scam in the book.

• dougfentiman

March 13, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I’ve taken payments through Paypal for years with very few problems. Rates are fair depending on transaction volume.

BUT, one loop hole people might burn you with is how they fund their payment. If they fund their payment to you with an “e-check” it will take Paypal about five days to process (clear) this type of payment and so the payment is considered “pending” until the check clears. If the e-check bounces the payment fails and Paypal cancels the payment… so customer has got their vehicle and you have an unpaid invoice with little recourse.

You should read the “fine print” on how Paypal deals with payments for sale of services vs sale of goods. If I am correct Paypal does not guarantee or mediate payments for services. Credit card chargebacks are responcibility of CC company. Payments funded by e-checks/bank transfer are not covered by Paypal (for payments for services). Basically no different than taking a personal check.