Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Mitchll and E autoclub

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Mitchll and E autoclub

• Mitchll and E autoclub

Posted by sutton32-aol-com on November 24, 2010 at 12:46 am

Hey Everyone,

Just signed with e-auto club program thru Mitchell, has anyone been

involved with them? How are things progressing? I thought they seemed

well versed in what I thought I needed, Though now I am not sure?

I was doing all my post cards by myself, but I was hit or miss time wise? I also had Mechanic net sending out oil change and thank you cards, But I thought Mitchell program seemed better?

Not sure?

Has anybody been using them?

Chip

mmxtune replied 12 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • davesgarage

December 2, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I used E-Auto in the early days, about 7 years ago. It did a great job of confusing my customers. I make the time and do letters and cards myself, often adding a personal PS note to the form letter. I do not care to let anyone have access to my database.

• jmanchester

December 2, 2010 at 8:58 pm

I used them when Mitchell first acquired eAuto club. After 6 months of their product not living up to the sales pitch, I cancelled it and requested a refund. The product sounds good and and makes logical sense but in my opinion they have not really developed the ability or the features that they sell. Everytime I asked when the program was going to be able to do something I was sold on during the “pitch” I was told it was coming with no definitive time frame.

It sounds like they have not improved it much.

• BRIAN WARFIELD

December 2, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Just for clarification… As of May 2010, Mitchell 1 no longer sells an eAutoClub marketing solution.

Mitchell 1 has had their own marketing solution for the last 5 years that features: Thank-You emails after each visit; consumer service history site; automatic service reminder emails and postcards based OE scheduled services.

Best Regards,

Brian Warfield

Product Manager

• sutton32-aol-com

December 5, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Wow,

It took a long time for anyone to offer up anything on this post. I feel maybe a little confused, my impression of E-auto club was that is was an authorized partner if you will of Mitchell1. The statement of not being part of Mitchell did take place, however it was never openly discussed why, also I had no choice because like so many suppliers to us independents I was locked in. Now I feel like I was buffalod into buying into another scammer of a program. To date the people I have had contact with do not seem to know who’s on first.

I will tell you that we did work with Mechanic net- who knew what was going on and did not lock you in for a year. I feel like I should have stayed with them. But I was looking for something that set us apart, graphics from mechanic net, made us look like a A/C Delco dealer. Seemed to confuse my customers.

I hate to say this but this happens to many times in our industry. I like to share a story for all the companies out there who want to sell us whether of not it is business advise and or programs like this. Most of us shop owners where flat rate technicians, we only got paid after we fixed something or when delivered on our expertise. I like to see someone step up to the plate!

I would like to know if there is a way out of this?

• BRIAN WARFIELD

December 7, 2010 at 5:21 pm

I believe EAC’s contract opt-out is 30 days. Sounds like you still may be within that timeframe.

• sutton32-aol-com

December 7, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Brian,

What’s the skinny. Are you for E-auto club or what? Does Mitchell have anything to do with them?

• BRIAN WARFIELD

December 13, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Chip,

Mitchell 1 offered EAC’s ServiceIntelligence report for about 3 years, but ended that sales relationship in May of 2010. We currently do not have a formal relationship with EAC. Mitchell 1 sells our own CRM product that has been on the market for about five years.

Brian

• sutton32-aol-com

December 14, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Brian,

Thanks for your input. I am going to be dealing with opting out of my agreement if I can. However what about Mitchel’s program. I have been using the program for over five years and was never told about it…

• kdrepair

March 31, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I take the time to to reminders and they are hands down the most

effective tool Ive ever used. I did up the art and words cause I

couldnt find anything simple enough that said what I wanted.

17 cents each to mail a post card and I hand write the car and their

address. My handwriting is poor but that makes them READ IT, they get

form mail all week long, how many hand written things do they get? THE

LOOK. The also keep the dang card till they come in often on the

fridge for their own friends and family to read. yep Id recommend

everyone think old fashion. Simple and easy.

Why? it works.

• mmxtune

September 21, 2011 at 10:13 pm

We have been using Mitchell Manager since the middle of 2002. We added Service Intelligence in 2009. What a differance it made when up selling to customers. Now we can show them what we have completed and the time frame for other needed work. Its nice to be able to look on one sheet and see service history. We just started using there E-MAIL service for thank you postcards and service due appointments. Saves me writing them and on the postage. They also helped me get E-MAIL addresses. EAUTO CLUB really added to our bottom line. Just thought you folks would like to know.