Home » Forums » Training – Webinars, Podcasts, Videos, Events » Meeting / Summit – Does Automotive Cyber Security Matter?

Home Forums Training – Webinars, Podcasts, Videos, Events Meeting / Summit – Does Automotive Cyber Security Matter?

• Meeting / Summit – Does Automotive Cyber Security Matter?

Posted by Site Administrator on January 6, 2015 at 1:04 pm

David Strickland, ex-head of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, says that it does. In fact, Strickland told Detroit News, “The industry needs to be proactive rather than reactive regarding cyber security issues as more cars and trucks become connected with the Internet, one another and additional third parties.”

Strickland isn’t the only one who believes that preventative action is necessary. After GM appointed a Chief Security Officer, investors drove $4 million into car cyber security. If that doesn’t tell you that automotive cyber security is a rising issue, then I don’t know what does.

Due to this growing concern, IQPC is proud to announce the Automotive Cyber Security Summit, which will take place in Detroit, MI this March 30-Arpil 1, 2015.

VIEW PRELIMINARY AGENDA>> http://bit.ly/1xzx0RN

RECEIVE VIA EMAIL>> Carrie.Simon@iqpc.com

Featured Speakers Sneak Peek:

• Kevin Harnett, Cybersecurity Program Manager, Volpe, The National Transportation Systems Center – US DOT

• Joao Silva, Senior Systems Architect at General Motors – OnStar, GM

• Henry Bzieh, Chief Technology Strategist, Kia

To view a full list of speakers, topics and sessions email me at Carrie.Simon@iqpc.com, visit http://www.automotivecybersecurity.com or call 1-800-882-8684.

Alan Ollie replied 9 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Alan Ollie

March 15, 2015 at 12:04 am

Funny just watched a ted show on youtube .A hacker put on the brakes of a car from way far away and turned on some lights . I am sure they will put better encryption built into the cars so independent shops will have even a harder time working on newer cars they will force us to have a locksmith license like Mercedes-Benz does.