Home » Forums » Training – Webinars, Podcasts, Videos, Events » Management Coaching Training

Home Forums Training – Webinars, Podcasts, Videos, Events Management Coaching Training

• mylesj

January 28, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Richard, I’m familiar with three of those companies. I have a few questions for you. What part of the country is your shop located? How what is the population in your MSA? What do you work on most of the time? How many full time equivalent certified techs do you have? How many people work there in total including all part timers? What is the most common labor rate you charge? What do the shops below your rate usually charge? What is the dealership rate for the brand(s) of vehicles you service most often? Now the big question – what don’t you know? Are you good with accounting and spreadsheets? Are you good at keeping the bays full? Do you make a substantial contribution towards employee health care and retirement plans? Do you know the all up cost of the best techs at the best independents and dealerships in your area?

• Curtis Andrew Massoll

January 29, 2015 at 8:13 am

Richard,

I have seen and participated in training from several of the companies that you listed. All of them have some good, but also very broad content coverage. If you can describe what it is that you are particularly looking for as “MylesJ” stated, I would be happy to give you a reference.
    -Andy
  • jeremyoneal

January 29, 2015 at 9:30 am

Richard,

I have been a service advisor since 1992 and owned my own shop in 2005 – 2007. I am familiar with all the companies you listed and also have worked for a couple of them as a service advisor trainer. In 2010 I started Advisorfix with the mission of providing industry leading service advisor training, coaching, and support. While I don’t believe this is the place for me to give you specific details on my personal experience with these companies I would be happy to speak with you on an individual basis and answer any questions you might have. Here are a couple tips that I can share:

#1 – Don’t sign any long term contracts – Any coaching or support program should have an exit clause for the client, should the training or consulting company fail to deliver the results promised. Remember when you are talking with any consultant/trainer they are going after a sale. If you feel pressured or uncomfortable at any time, just say no. You should feel that the representative has your best interest at heart and really cares about you and your company.

#2 – Does your personal coach have the experience and track record to help you get to where you want to go. I’ve found that many times the results you are looking for can be gained simply by starting your own mastermind group with a few other shop owners. With today’s technology you can facilitate the group very easy through google hangouts, Skype, gotomeeting etc.

#3 – Is your representative going to come on site and analyze your business and local market area? Every shop is different and there are many different demographic factors that come into play with your local area. How are they going to help you gain market share in your local area.

Myles has some great questions as well.

• richie

February 3, 2015 at 11:13 am

Thanks for initial input guys!  I operate a goodyear store in Atlanta, Ga. We do $2.1 million per year in sales 80% service, 20% tires.  We make over 10% net profit from sales. I am looking for a “program” to keep me focused on the important things(#)s, manage the people better so I can open a 2nd store.

• mylesj

February 4, 2015 at 1:44 pm

Richard,

How many FTE certified techs and how many people overall?

• northtown-auto

March 30, 2015 at 2:42 pm

I was trained by halscottconsulting .I recommend them