• Posted by dfc on August 8, 2013 at 2:54 pm

would like to see vehicle scanner to scan vin # on vehicles ,also would like to see a short cut to close out a cash invoice like a charge ticket invomax is a great soft ware we have been using it since 1998 and have try others. I think u should run ads in national oil and lube 

sdpressl replied 9 years, 11 months ago 8 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • camarillo2

August 12, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Thanks for the comment. We have worked on vin scanners for years. The problem we encountered is that a hand held scanner capable of reliably going through the dusty front window glass in the direct sunlight is more than $600 and even then they are not 100 %. Maybe some scanner reps will replay and we’ll take another look.  We certainly have shops that would like the ability, but it has to work all the time.

>Regards, Sam

• liz

August 13, 2013 at 11:22 am

Hello InvoMax fans & welcome to the AMN forum!  My name is Liz & I have been with InvoMax for 25 years & I really do look forward to providing a simple solution to yet another shop owner everyday. Whether you are new to InvoMax or not, please call me to set up a convenient appointment for training. All new shop owners are entitled to a complimentary training session within their first 90 days of using InvoMax. If you are an existing InvoMax owner w/a new employee that needs training or maybe you just want some assistance w/new or advanced features, you can also receive complimentary training at no charge as long as your InvoMax subscription is current. All training sessions are performed remotely so by me logging into your computer its almost like as if i were sitting next to you at the computer training you… couldn’t be easier! Call 1-800-468-6629 or email me Liz@invomax.com to set up your next appointment.

• dfc

August 21, 2013 at 1:58 pm

WOULD LIKE TO GIVE SAM AND LIZ A BIG HAND THEY ARE GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH. WE HAVE BEEN WITH INVOMAX BACK IN DAY WHEN IT WAS DOS AND WE THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT BACK THEN. LIZ HAS HELPED OUR SHOP OUT MORE TIMES THAN I CAN COUNT .WOULD LOVE TO TAKE YOUR ENTIRE OFFICE OUT FOR SUPPER IF I EVER MAKE IT TO CA.PLEASE KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK ,WE WILL STAY WITH YOUR COMPANY FOREVER

• dfc

August 21, 2013 at 2:00 pm

LIZ AND SAM IT WAS FROM THE DAVID IN S.C.

• lrautoelectric

August 26, 2013 at 7:43 am

Thank You Tim for Your help this morning with the Invomax program. Your help was very much apresiated & very helpfull Thaks again. Roger L&R

• selley

August 27, 2013 at 10:19 am

WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE PEOPLE AT TECH SUPPORT FOR TAKING TIME TO HELP WITH UPDATING PROGRAM AND HELPING SHOW ME THINGS ABOUT PROGRAM HAVE BEEN USING PROGRAM FOR MANY YEARS AND WOULD RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE IN REPAIR BUSINESS. TIM AT TECH SUPPORT VERY KNOWLEDGABLE AND HELPED ME

• liz

August 27, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Hi David (DFC) & thanks for the sweet gesture! I too have enjoyed working w/you all these years. If memory serves me right i believe you guys service over 50 cars a day! Your long term commitment to keep using InvoMax simply tells me that InvoMax meets the demands of your fast paced service center. 

• dfc

August 28, 2013 at 1:00 pm

LIZ YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT 50 CARS PER DAY. ALSO TIM CALLED THE OTHER DAY ,I WAS INPRESSED WITH THE THINGS HE SHOWED ME . I SEEN ON YOUR WEB SITE THAT WE CAN LINK MY TWO STORES TOGETHER,WOULD IT BE HARD TO DO .MAYBE AFTER THE HOLIDAY SOMEONE CAN GET BACK TO ME ABOUT THIS YES INVOMAX MEETS OUR DEMANDS . HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND .DAVID IN S C

• liz

August 28, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Hi David (DFC)! Oh my goodness your right the Holidays are almost here. Nah its not difficult at all to link your service centers – just let me know when you are ready. Probably best to contact me direct 800-468-6629 or by email liz@invomax.com to set up an appt. Have a great week

• jay-mathes

March 9, 2014 at 7:25 pm

From Sam – “We have worked on vin scanners for years.” 

We have been using apps for iPhone from both NAPA & World Pac for a while now. They both work well, but will not input info into an invoice. 
    So, trying to find a work-around, I bought a couple of these:

http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-TT-BS012-Wireless-Cordless-Handheld/dp/B00E0G2M6U 

They look like a keyboard to the PC, so it does get on an invoice. The instructions need to be read and some settings changed to get good results. One feature lets you go out, capture the VIN, then when back at the counter broadcasts it when in range. It is not a perfect solution, but will do a high percentage of cars.

This scanner will work with any program that uses data entry from a keyboard.

• paw

March 13, 2014 at 9:02 am

I just purchased the DB Power scanner from Amazon, It does auto fill the work order on Mitchell and works great on most vehicles, But I find the  GM car and trucks have a letter “i” in the prefix to the VIN and will drop the last number from the VIN when up loaded?  May have to try a different scanner or programming for this unit, Price was about $125.00 

• sdpressl

May 5, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Love InvoMax, but I scheduled my hour of training twice in the last few days and have not received a phone call.  It’s very frustrating.  It is now 30 minutes past the time scheduled for training and no one called. It’s after business hours (for me, not InvoMax) and I would love to get this done and go home.   I am a new customer and InvoMax already has my money. . . . . do they just take it run?