Home » Forums » Everything Else » Identifix or iATN?

Home Forums Everything Else Identifix or iATN?

Tagged: , ,

• scott-r

December 28, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Both, Identifix being the primary source, Iatn has great info when the problem is not main stream.

• richie

December 29, 2014 at 12:14 pm

We use Identafix and All data.

• aaronk

December 29, 2014 at 2:32 pm

We use Identifix. We have been thinking about checking out IATN but I don’t know if I want another subscription.

• Tom Piippo

December 29, 2014 at 6:42 pm

We subscribe to both, you can never have too much information; I find no one source is 100% reliable. That’s why I also pay for AllData, Mitchell, MotoLogic and a couple of OEM sites. Pricy, but worth it!

Tom Piippo

Tri-County Motors

Rudyard MI

• jerseysure

January 5, 2015 at 5:38 pm

We use both, although here it my perception of IATN.. On IATN you must contribute by posted fixes or help. Therefore, often times when I post a problem, I get half a dozen responses or more that either make little or no sense, or ask me questions that are easily answered by reading my post. For example we recently had a very very stubborn steering problem with a Honda. I had posted all the things we had already done. I had posted we used Honda OE fluid. The first several responses were “Hey, did you change the resovoir, there’s a TSB about that.” Yep, did that..see post. “These cars are picky, you MUST use OE Honda fluid.” Yep. Did that. Read post. Obviously I don’t respond in a snarky manner but c’mon most of us by the time we post on one of those boards we’ve gone thru TSB’s and made sure we’ve crossed all the t’s and dotted the i’s. My point is I think on IATN people post “help” for the sake of posting and getting their requirements met. Just my guess, could be wrong.

Dennis

• Joseph Van syoc

April 22, 2015 at 1:14 am

I use Identifix, mostly because they have all the service manuals and info, as well as the hotline service (which has saved my bacon more than once) whereas in the past when I have posted an issue on IATN I got a lot of off the wall responses.  One gripe with identifix however is that they sometimes refer you to IATN for a posted fix, meaning now you need TWO subscriptions, which is nuts, as it is my understanding that both are now owned by the same folks.  Come on give us a break willya?  its getting to the point where information is costing me more than I afford to pay for it, and frankly I find a heck of alot more usefull information on you tube some days

• Alan Ollie

April 28, 2015 at 11:27 am

Identifix is pretty good. Much better than IATN for German Cars we find.

• Unknown Member

January 19, 2021 at 3:35 pm

we found that Identifix are more accurate with their estimates than iATN however keeping both was a pretty expensive endeavor for us. Currently running idenifix with ARI and we’re pretty happy. Maybe later down the road we’ll go back to iATN but for now it’s working