Home » Forums » Everything Else » Coronavirus Money – Can We Believe the Math?

Home Forums Everything Else Coronavirus Money – Can We Believe the Math?

• Coronavirus Money – Can We Believe the Math?

Posted by Site Administrator on March 30, 2020 at 5:49 pm

While the devil is always in the details, the statements from the government indicate that everyone will be made whole financially – both personal and business. Let’s say that’s true for most.

It’s also true that most are spending less overall during this “pause” or whatever you want to call it.

Simple math says most folks come out ahead. No income drop. Spending decrease. Final result – more cash in the wallet, fatter checkbook, lower credit card balance.

Or, what are we missing here?

Seth Johnson replied 4 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Joseph Van syoc

April 15, 2020 at 11:36 am

Tell ya what, in my case PPP/EIDL is a cruel joke.  I qualify for exactly ZERO help as a self employed sole proprietor without employees.  All SBA help is based on payroll/# of employees.  On my own again, naturally. Ok, enough whine.  There are at least ten one man shops in my rural Iowa county, in fact one man shops here are the rule and not the exception. Plus many other single person retailers etc.  We hear a lot of hype about help for small businesses, but the devil IS in the details….

• Seth Johnson

April 15, 2020 at 1:04 pm

It’s gonna be pretty hard to recover the “headcount” when people are making more money on the gov’t check than coming to work.