Home » Forums » Employees » As an "Essential Business" are we subject to FFCRA (coronavirus) paid leave?

Home Forums Employees As an "Essential Business" are we subject to FFCRA (coronavirus) paid leave?

• As an "Essential Business" are we subject to FFCRA (coronavirus) paid leave?

Posted by Gloria Heath on March 26, 2020 at 2:17 pm

As I understand the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) requires “certain” employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19.  The government will then allow the employer to credit that payroll expense on  payroll taxes.  The question is, are automotive repair shops, as “designated critical infrastructure businesses” subject to or covered under this bill?  Technically, we are not subject to the quarantines.  We don’t have to close and our employees don’t have to stay home.  I don’t want to pay my employees for 2-12 weeks while they stay at home and find out after the fact I won’t receive a credit.  Has anyone asked this question and received an answer from a credible source?

Gloria Heath replied 4 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.