Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Anyone using Main Street Hub?

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Anyone using Main Street Hub?

• Anyone using Main Street Hub?

Posted by Jeffrey Corwin on November 30, 2016 at 11:19 pm

I recently got a marketing call from MainStreetHub. They offer to manage your online reviews, actually answering them for you (both good & bad).
    I’m pretty skeptical of any such offering, but it also can free up valuable time. Of course I realize that some reviews absolutely need to be handled by an owner or manager, and I don’t know how they address that possibility.

Thanks for any feedback,
    Jeff C.

wilsonimportsanddomestics replied 6 years, 9 months ago 7 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Bobby Likis

December 5, 2016 at 10:40 pm

I pass on this one.  am reminded of many offers that tout relieving time-pressure from a busy day only to learn nobody can properly address real reviews as each one has different and specific circumstances.  My team and i meet to discuss each review and to determine what we might have done better to make it a better review and/or to celebrate the win. 

• larrybloodworth

December 6, 2016 at 3:06 am

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…

One of the most productive things a shop owner can do to grow their business is to handle ALL online activities, including everything that companies like MainStreetHub.com does AND Pay-Per-Click advertising.
    We grew out business from $389K/yr. to $1.1M/year by doing so.  Personally, I believe outsourcing such important tasks is putting your business’s future into the hands of the millennials that know little or nothing about your business.
    In the words of Michael Gerber of E-Myth fame, “Work ON your business, not IN your business.
  • Karl Helbich

December 6, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Its very tempting I actually had account with them a few years back. It was good for boosting our presence but……. When you see post that don’t really match your business or vehicles or demographic that kinda gets old.

• Jeffrey Corwin

December 7, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Thank you,
    It is much as I expected, and it’s good to see my thoughts on it reflected in your feedback.

It’s very tempting to hear of services that address things that I may not “want” to do, but that does not change the fact that I should be doing them. 

• johntwhaley

December 8, 2016 at 12:04 pm

What shop management system are you using?

• David Roman

February 15, 2017 at 1:59 pm

I used Main Street Hub for a year. As was mentioned earlier, the posts didn’t match our customer base. It is definitely geared towards restaurants and that type of thing. Not really all that great for automotive service centers.

• wilsonimportsanddomestics

June 5, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Main street Hub:

They phone the shop constantly. Using a “spoof” phone number to make it seem like they’re local. Then try to lure you away from productive time onto their site for a lenghty sales pitch. We have been pressured by fast talking millenial’s from MSH for at least 5-years. So they feel entitled to waste our time. Never wanting to demotivate a sales person and fearing a fake negative review we treat them with “kid gloves.”

To sum it up we decline to use them because no one we know says it works. Also the fact that they deceptively “spoof” their phone number and then want to debit our bank account for $500.00 – $600.00 a month makes them seem “scammy.”

I manage our own Facebook pages and hope for the best.