Warning: Attempt to read property "post_parent" on null in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-platform/bp-forums/functions.php on line 860

Warning: Attempt to read property "post_parent" on null in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-platform/bp-forums/functions.php on line 860

Reply To: Is it Time to do Away with Parts and Labor? - Automotive Management Network
Home » Forums » Parts and Tire related topics » Is it Time to do Away with Parts and Labor? » Reply To: Is it Time to do Away with Parts and Labor?

Home Forums Parts and Tire related topics Is it Time to do Away with Parts and Labor? Reply To: Is it Time to do Away with Parts and Labor?

• jbrenn77

January 10, 2018 at 9:11 am

Well, if there’s a law preventing you prom not itemizing parts and labor separately then you’d better abide by that.  I’m not sure what Il law says, I’ll have to look into that.  I can tell you I’ve been doing it this way for over 15 yrs and I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve gotten asked how much the parts were.  Before that I had much more criticism regarding parts prices due to the fact that I had to mark them up more than the customer could buy them down the street.  When asked, I will always gladly give a breakdown, but I don’t see the need to create unnecessary objections by adding complexity to the invoice.  When you go to a restaurant do they give you a breakdown of how much they are charging you for the steak, and how much the labor was to cook it, and how much you are paying for the gas to fire the oven, etc etc…  ?  Nope, ’cause nobody cares.  The same holds true for our business as well.  We create these problems ourselves.