Forum Replies Created
Tim McDonnellMemberFebruary 16, 2015 at 10:27 pm in reply to: Removing inappropriate posts and members
Good job! Folks need to understand that it takes time and effort to keep a forum fresh and still in line with goals & standards, while also trimming out material that no longer fits for one reason or another.
Tim McDonnellMemberFebruary 9, 2015 at 5:40 pm in reply to: Pasting in Mitchell Estimating Sys
Are we talking about Manager SE? You should be able to paste text Disclaimers within maximum character limits. All Disclaimers were increased significantly with Manager SE 6.5 update.
I’d recommend a test with something smaller to confirm functionality. There’s a slim possibility of special characters within the text as being rejected, but not likely.
Tim McDonnellMemberJanuary 26, 2015 at 3:24 pm in reply to: Looking to make the switch from Mitchell!!!
I believe a few clarifications are in order to explain how our technical support works and our progress with program updates. Technical support continues to support our software products; calls are answered by first level agents who can handle a wide variety of issues. If the problem requires a higher level of expertise, it will be elevated to a 2nd level support engineer. We keep case notes to retain history for future referral and to share details with product development.
The purpose of the forum is for users to discuss the software, exchange ideas and enter enhancement requests that we review. It is monitored by myself and other Mitchell 1 personnel daily to ensure it is as valuable and productive as possible.
Tech support is trained to think inside-the-box; this is the way the program was designed and how it is used. When something is suggested outside that framework, they may refer the user to the forum to see how other shops handle the same situation or to make an enhancement request. If a tech support agent is deferring a customer to the forum for a standard inside-the-box performance issue they should be handling, that is NOT our intent and I need to know when that happens. (it’s rare and we handle it)
managerforum.net or the Forum button in the Manager software provides access to the forum. Everyone is welcome to take a look as most of it doesn’t require a login account to see it. You do need to register with an account number to post, reply or see the member’s only topics. (Wrench, Shop2Shop, Clubhouse)
After admittedly a slow spell, I’m pleased to report we have been making a lot of progress as of late. The AutoUpdater function (for Manager SE 6.5) puts new features, enhancements and fixes in the field much sooner than the old disc updates process. These occur every few weeks; users get a screen notification when they are available and the option to proceed or postpone to a less busy time.
The interactive Home “splash” screen includes a What’s New change log. I could only fit a fraction of it in here for space.
Tim McDonnell – Mitchell 1 Training Manager
- V 6.5.54
- Now able to configure Web and Email Address in Shop Settings
- No longer showing duplicates in Order Pick List for all orders
- Added a Manual Check for Updates Menu Entry (Security Area – Special Maintenance): Help -> Check For Updates
- Preserve Estimate Totals when converting a Special Order to a Repair Order to an Invoice
- Improved Follow Up Report menu:
- When deleting a customer from search result list, now put the selected focus on the item above (no longer jumps to top of list)
- When deleting one vehicle from the search results list, of a customer with multiple vehicles, the entire customer is no longer removed
- Selects the proper printer paper source (based on selected printer settings)
- Collates the printed pages when multiple copies are printed
- Invoice Hours Report: Correctly showing heading on each page, Handle Invoice numbers greater than 9,999.99, Hazmat now back in labor total, Totals box now prints only if tire fee is present – re-ordered lines (Labor, Parts, Sublet, Tire Fees, Discount, Sub Tax, Total, Balance)
- Repair Order Detail: Now showing scheduled date and increased font size of totals area
- Cash Receipt: Changed ‘Report Data’ to ‘Print Date’, Now room for name (will print name or company is exists), Better alignment of totals and currency symbol
- Coupon Utilization Reports: Changed title from ‘Discount ID’ to ‘Coupon ID’, subtitle is now ‘Discount Name:’
- Vehicle Reports by Makes now displays custom vehicles
- Improved Purchase Orders Screen
- Loading hundreds or thousands of P.O.s now takes seconds compared to minutes
- Can now select multiple P.O.s and delete as many as are selected
- ‘Delete’ Button can be configured as a security area (password protected)
- In Parts Entry dialog, turning off Display now hides Profit Margin field
- F4 Invoice Search dialog now allows searching for large Invoice Numbers
- Emailing from revision now changes subject, body and email attachment to reflect “Estimate” (no longer mentions Revised Order)
- Purchase Order Worksheet & Parts Ordering dialog now show “Vendor Qty” instead of “Avail Qty” to clarify that this is the Qty the Vendor has
- Counter Sale Invoice now displays Company Name
- Fixed issue when transferring a revision to a new invoice with no line items. Now, depending on Setup option of convert Invoice to RO on change, you will either have an Invoice or Approved RO
- RO w/Part Detail & Subtotals report now display Subtotal Details
- V 6.5.51
- Corrected Invoice reports to print line items in the same order as displayed in the order grid
- When selling a revision to a blank order, a new RO is now created with a matching RO#
- Better accuracy when calculating total tax values by starting with four digits of precision before rounding; Updated ‘Posted Taxable Orders by Tax Category’ report to show 4 digits of precision
- Added New ‘Material Used – By Vendor’ Management Report
- Parts with Shop Supply/Hazmat on order, when discounted, will calculate using their discounted price not the original part price
- When printing a Revision with no Order, the labor totals reflect the standard or non-standard rates specified
- V 6.5.49
- Committed parts were not properly decrementing when being included in a Special Order
- Previewing Manager printout (Estimates, ROs, Invoices and all reports) will now open in the foreground
- Calculation of Shop Supplies and Hazmat fees on revision modified to base calculation on open revision
- Xcharge payment receipt can now be printed on the Invoice
- Repair button now launches ProDemand/ShopKey Pro without requiring a login. Additionally, if a VIN is present on the order, that will be sent to better identify the vehicle
- Tab order on Customer and vehicle screen corrected
- V 6.5.48
- New “SocialCRM Reports” button with notifications star that alerts you when a new review is received
- New “SocialCRM Reports” button with direct link to SocialCRM dashboard reporting
- New “SocialCRM Details” button with notification star when reviewing a specific consumer’s data during their visit
- New “SocialCRM Details” button displays all communications sent via SocialCRM service for the specific consumer you’re working with
- Large database performance enhanced using additional database indexes
- Purchase Orders were doubling quantity required
- Purchase Order button on main tool bar now visible for all versions
- Cosmetic changes made to Florida Invoice templates, Wisconsin templates and standard estimate templates
- V 6.5.44
- Manager no longer overrides the number of XCharge receipt copies to print
- All disclaimers for Estimates, Repair Orders, Invoices, and Counter sales are now able to store and print 1200 characters
- Added an Inventory Quick Search button to the main tool bar, this window remembers the last category searched
- ATD catalog enhanced to include Tire Ply
- Tire size will now transfer from tire promo screen to ATD catalog to speed searches
- Purchase Order Edit Screen now includes tire size field
- Picklist functionality now includes tire size
- V 6.5.42
- Scrolling to the bottom of a customer list in the New Order (F6) screen no longer crashes the application
- Counter Sales may now be printed without vehicle information
- RepairLink catalog from OEConnection now available for install from m1files.com
- V 6.5.40
- Add VIN Code to underlying query: Tech worksheet now displays VIN Engine code (Ex: `VIN (P)’ ) Extra information will be in the engine string will be displayed as “6.6L, V8 [403CI] VIN ” rather than 6.6L, V8 [403CI]
- Add YMM Engine Info and In Mileage to Intent Title bar: Add YMM Engine Info and In Mileage to dialogs used for Estimator, TSBs, Fluids, and Maintenance
- ACDelco / Nexpart Catalog Direct: Included new ACDelco, Nexpart catalog that supports direct ordering from inside catalog. Orders placed from within the catalog will also automatically generate a purchase order
- Make the ProDemand windows sizable: Intent window now opens full screen and is sizeable.
- Committed Value: Inventory Committed value is now non-editable; this update also recalculates committed quantities for each committed part on open repair orders.
- Interactive home screen: The product screen is now interactive and includes buttons to link to important news
- Labor item should display <none> for tech when configured as <none>: Labor line created will by default show <none> for technician when one has not been assigned.
- Revision with multiple POs: Fixed a defect causing the application to crash when a revision had multiple PO’s for the same part number.
- V 6.5.37
- Email PO to vendor if email address exists: Purchase Order screen now has email button to mail PDF version of the PO to the vendor
- Revision Authorization screen: Add “Received Text Msg” to Revision Authorization screen under Called / Phone drop downs
- Duplex Printing Problem: Explicitly call out for default duplex mode when configuring printer
- PO Button: Include a Purchase Order Button on the main toolbar
- V 6.5.54