• March 11, 2009 at 7:52 am#63553

I had such a good response of information about waste oil heaters I thought I would see if I could get some good info on the Tech2. We would like to get a Tech2. The problem I have is which one? I see vertronix builds one and so does bosch and so does otc. Which one does GM use? I have checked ebay and found several but not sure what to get. We do not mind getting new but which one? Where have other people been getting a Tech2? This will be our first factory scan tool so I want to make sure and get it right . This is my idea to go factory specific scan tools. So if I do not get it right than I look bad to the big boss. Right now we use the snappy solus . Which has served us well but we are running into more and more we need to reprogram or flash and cannot do this with the snappy. We work on more GM vehicles than others with Ford being a close second then Dodge with a few imports. Thanks for any information….Keith

March 11, 2009 at 3:43 pm#69882

Vetronix is the main one as far as I know. The real deal will run between $4 and $5k with candi module, cables, 32 meg card, etc. Anything less for new is likely a chinese clone and there is more and more talk about blocking them from being updated plus there is no support when they break. Be extremely careful before buying from another source.

March 16, 2009 at 9:20 pm#69902
    Jeepflexin

Keith Crowell wrote:

> I had such a good response of information about waste oil heaters I thought I would see if I could get some good info on the Tech2. We would like to get a Tech2. The problem I have is which one? I see vertronix builds one and so does bosch and so does otc.

Vetronix builds all but the Chinese clones, the clones are what you need to look out for.

Which one does GM use? .

Vetronix. ;o)

I have checked ebay and found several but not sure what to get. We do not mind getting new but which one? Where have other people been getting a Tech2? This will be our first factory scan tool so I want to make sure and get it right . This is my idea to go factory specific scan tools. So if I do not get it right than I look bad to the big boss. .

My advice would be talk to CAS of New England they primarily sell and offer support for OE tools, not as cheap as eBay but on your first purchase it is probably worth the few extra dollars to ‘get it right’. I think thier web address is http://www.oemtool.com they have outside sales reps who will come to your shop to teach you how to use it and help you figure out all the little things that take years on your own.

Right now we use the snappy solus . Which has served us well but we are running into more and more we need to reprogram or flash and cannot do this with the snappy. We work on more GM vehicles than others with Ford being a close second then Dodge with a few imports. Thanks for any information….Keith

HTH

March 24, 2009 at 4:00 pm#69953
    pgetti

I bought my Tech 2 from my local parts house. Its stamped OTC on the front, but says Vetronix on the back side. Got it in 08 and paid around 3800 for it without the Candi mod.

July 10, 2009 at 11:46 am#70324
    NEWELL08

THE ONE THING YOU HAVE TO WATCH FOR IS THAT IF IT IS NOT A VETRONICS IT MAY HAVE BEEN ON THE SHELF FOR A WHILE. IT CAN AFFECT YOUR WARRANTY AND MAY REQUIRE UPDATE ALMOST AS SOON AS YOU GET IT. MY POINT IS THAT YOU MAY WANT TO STEER CLEAR OF THE WEB BASED TOOL SELLERS. DEAL WITH A LOCAL STORE SO YOU HAVE SOME RECOURSE.THE TECH 2 PRO KIT IS 4995.00 AND THE STANDARD KIT IS 4295.00 RIGHT NOW IN NAPAS REAL DEALS. THERE ALWAYS IS THE POSSIBILITY FOR SOME WIGGLE ROOM SO CHECK ARUND AND GOOD LUCK.

July 11, 2009 at 11:49 am#70325
    Kkerr

Last entry I had on Tech2 – DRBIII & Tech2 for sale. DRB 3 years old

with all cables &

case.(63.3 version)Tech 2 is 1 year old w/charger ,cables

and case. Up to 08 in coverage and with candi-module. Both

are in immaculate condition. Contact Michael at (w) 202

544-1110

Michael Holt

Technician

10th St. Auto Repair

Washington, District of Columbia

Info above c/o Ken

Total Tech2’s in my database (31)

Ken

Just Equipment

July 9, 2018 at 2:21 am#75165
    dawei mou

Vetronix is the main one as far as I know. The real deal will run between $4 and $5k with candi module, cables, 32 meg card, etc. Anything less for new is likely a chinese clone and there is more and more talk about blocking them from being updated plus there is no support when they break. Be extremely careful before buying from another source.

they most talk GM Tech2 Clone online,like this one http://www.chinacardiags.com/wholesale/tech2-diagnostic-scanner-for-gm-saab-opel-suzuki-isuzu-holden-with-full-package.html

for me it’s price is good,but for china clone,I only got opcom before – very well

this one,who has bought before?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags