• August 2, 2008 at 6:15 am#63376
    andyr
    Participant

Well ,it’s been 3 months now and I think that it’s a draw.We got the bottom feeders and we’ve gotten some very good prospects. I’ve found it easier if I treat them all like regular paying customers.I Point out all the maintenance and repair needs of their vehicles ,give them estimates and then expect them to respond and repair their vehicles, the true bottom feeders don’t come back while the ones who want to fix and maintain their vehicles do so.

Yes we do have an expiration date,2 years from date of purchase. I realy took my time when I chose what services to give away for free.The 8 free oil changes are only for 5 qts of regular oil and a filter .If the lof exceeds my regular price the customer pays and it says so on the card.The other services are free labor with the customer paying for the parts or materials.They also can’t use more than 2 coupons per visit.

It’s not perfect and we do get some push back but all in all it is doing what I want which is to drive new faces to the front counter.After that I get to decide if I want to keep them as a client or not and it cost me nothing in advertising costs to bring them in.

August 4, 2008 at 2:56 pm#69087
    Tom Ham
    Participant

andy remillard wrote:

> It’s not perfect and we do get some push back but all in all it is doing what I want which is to drive new faces to the front counter.After that I get to decide if I want to keep them as a client or not and it cost me nothing in advertising costs to bring them in.

Andy:

What would you do differently if you had to do it over again (or if you do it again in the future)?

Tom - Shop Owner since 1978

August 5, 2008 at 4:58 am#69098
    andyr
    Participant

Hi Tom,

This program is a continuously running thing until I stop it.The only thing that I could change would be the service offerings on the coupon card.The company sends it’s sales people around every couple of months to sell more service “contracts”.It’s not perfect by any means but a lot more cost efficient than the alternatives.Keep in mind that I’m using this as a means to generate new customers.My time line is to run this for 9 to 12 months and then reevaluate.I’ll keep posting updates from time to time.Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.