• October 11, 2010 at 5:32 pm#63909
    chubby

i was wondering what everyone or if they do discount fleet repair work, i have a fleet with over 150 vehicles, any help would be appreciated tim

October 12, 2010 at 4:07 pm#71496
    nessauto

We don’t discount for fleets…however we don’t have anyone that would bring us that much work. 150 vehicles, If I was getting all of them all the time….I would definately work something out.

October 12, 2010 at 6:55 pm#71500

Some type of discount is a yes,but don’t put all eggs into one basket. If they leave you it could be a problem if you expand your hours and help.

October 13, 2010 at 1:05 am#71507
    GChilds57

We have a few good fleets both have 10-20 trucks, vans and cars. We give them $10.00 off labor rate and don’t give much off on parts if any. We do put them at the top of the list for any unscheduled repairs or emergencey. My best fleet account (11 years now) will even have us fix any problems even when the vehicle in question may be still under factory warranty. They would rather just pay us then hassle with a dealer keeping there truck down. Nice relaionship for sure.

October 13, 2010 at 5:56 am#71509
    Tony2411

At my shop we don’t provide any discounts on labor charges, but will

provide a discount off of the parts List Price, such as 10% to 25 %, which also depends if it’s a Dealer Part or Aftermarket Parts

October 17, 2010 at 3:14 am#71517
    Guido

Let me see if I understand the situation correctly. A fleet expects premier service because if the clock don’t turn, they don’t earn. Many of them want to issue a PO with 30 day billing that may stretch into 45. And then they want a discount on top of that?

I’ve been known to say something about being naked, eating cereal out of a box, listening to the radio and not make money. Why would I go to work to not make money? (rh)

BTW, the person who said not putting all the eggs in 1 basket gave you sage advice. Any business that becomes more than 5-7% of YOUR business just became YOUR PARTNER. A shop that I worked at almost went bankrupt when the political winds changed.

HTH,

Guido

October 22, 2010 at 6:15 am#71524
    andyr
    Participant

I would offer 10% parts and labor if paid at time of pick up.That account could possibly generate an additional 450 new customer vehicles on top of the 150 of the fleet.You wouldn’t have to discount those additional vehicles.Each 150 fleet vehicle has a separate driver.That person has their own vehicle and you have an opportunity to covert them to your customer.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.