Home » Forums » Parts and Tire related topics » Is it Time to do Away with Parts and Labor? » Reply To: Is it Time to do Away with Parts and Labor?

Home Forums Parts and Tire related topics Is it Time to do Away with Parts and Labor? Reply To: Is it Time to do Away with Parts and Labor?

• John Shanderuk

February 21, 2018 at 9:49 am

I have been menu pricing for 10 years with Service Shop. each job is subtotaled, parts have the item number, not the part number, no labor hours

I don’t charge shop supplies cuz I got tired of having to explain it to customers that get bent out of shape about it so I just bumped my labor by 8% now nobody asks me what shop supplies are and it more than covers the supplies.

The invoice just shows a subtotal, tax and the total. Each job shows the total without tax.

Some customers want to see the itemized bill so  I turn those features on then off again for them but I still do not show part numbers just item numbers (by item number I mean the sequential number of the part when it was entered into the database), but the people that want to see it are very very few between like maybe one or two a year!

When I give an estimate it’s for the total job I never say parts, labor, tax to the customer. If they ask for my labor rate, I tell them we do it by job so there is no labor rate.

Hope this helps!!