Home » Forums » Expense Control & Financial » The Green Harassment Begins…

Home Forums Expense Control & Financial The Green Harassment Begins…

• The Green Harassment Begins…

Posted by Tom on May 11, 2014 at 8:00 am
    Unplug the lift and get out that creeper! While you are at it, throw out your impact and dust off that 4 way lug wrench.
    Now before you toss out my suggestions keep in mind that the conversion to smart meters is well underway. They installed one at our house and my wife has been getting emails and text messages warning her that she is an energy hog and really should start air drying the laundry. (She responded, but I can’t write here what she said.) 

It’s just a matter of time before the same thing happens at our shops.

Anyone else getting harassed yet?
    mylesj replied 9 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • vbginc

May 12, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Yes, but I love it. It has helped my bottom line. I use only wind energy. My car runs on electricity. ACDC saves money.   

• clarkscarcare

May 13, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Funny, when the state emissions test is due, the last thing customers think of is green.  At least not the green in the air but the green in their pocket.  Anyone have any thoughts if the electric car really becomes popular how the will tax them since they are not paying any gas tax now to share the roads with the gasoline tax paying cars?

• mylesj

May 19, 2014 at 11:26 am

Tom – It is a good thing. Here in the northwest we’ve had about a 20% increase in population and a 20% decrease in per capita electrical use in the last 20 years so we have not needed to add generating capacity. We went to R38 insulation minimums many years ago. You’ll figure out how to push more of your usage to off peak rates.

Clark – Oregon is looking at both an annual fee as part of registration and mileage recorders as ways to pay for roads. I’d like to see a ton mile tax as the fairest way to pay for roads since a 1500 pound metro car and. a 4500 pound SUV wear out the road at different rates.