• rjcutl

March 7, 2016 at 2:48 pm

We have, it’s not much better than being a AAA shop.  We are in the process of dumping them.

• Curt

March 8, 2016 at 6:40 am

Andrew,

We have and are using Repair pal & have had good luck with them. The phone rings & we are also able to listen to the phone calls to see how are S/A are handling their requests.
  • mspecperformance

March 8, 2016 at 12:09 pm

I see RepairPal being very detrimental to the industry. Any type of service that puts constraints on what we should be charging is a huge negative in my eyes.  

• Tom

March 8, 2016 at 2:09 pm

When they first launched a number of years ago we tried them for several months. We decided to try them again about a year or so ago.

Today we get a lot of new customers through them. We usually agree with their estimate ranges. Bottom line is that they have been a pleasant surprise, and they are now one of the cornerstones of our new customer marketing. 

Nice to see a product significantly improved and become a solid asset.
  • Joseph Van syoc

March 8, 2016 at 6:48 pm

No idea, because they discriminate against smaller shops like mine. Won’t list me, not big enough for them

• redsauto

August 4, 2016 at 9:15 am

Took them over a year to remove a VERY questionable review of me on their site . After having a few people , that had visited the site and my shop , write me a couple of good reviews I thought all was well . Seems now that they won’t even list shops that don’t pay their extortion fees . My shop and reviews are now not listed on their site . I guess now that they have conned enough shops to pay them their extortion fees they don’t need the smaller shops listed . Their pricing for estimates is somewhat better but still way too low for my area . There is a few more startup websites trying do what repairpal is doing . Beware of them and their tactics .

• wendydavid

August 31, 2016 at 5:31 pm

I have clients in Phoenix, Boise, Long Island and New Jersey who have been members of Repairpal for several years. RepairPal consistently brings in clients and is well worth the investment of $199 per month.  In addition you can opt in to the “Tow in” program for a small extra fee and when people break down, they get towed to a repairpal certified shop.   

As far as the estimating widget, we understand that those rates are merely samples and are not indicative of our rates. We’ve never had an issue with clients using the estimator and wanting us to lower our rates. Repairpal does not regulate your rates. 

Disclosure: I am not affiliated with Repairpal other than my clients do  business with them.  In every dealing with repairpal the staff have been professional, responsive, courteous and knowledgeable.  
  • Bob Waeiss

December 12, 2016 at 9:32 pm

RepairPal was very thorough vetting my shop which gave me a sense they are very selective about the shops they sign on. We are a five bay shop with two ASE master techs and an apprentice. Over 20 years in business. They said to expect 8 to 10 leads a month. We may have hit that once or twice since the spring 2016 when we signed on. Unfortunately, the leads are mostly DIY’er’s looking for help or questions like, Will my Mustang engine fit in a Camaro? We track our marketing efforts closely and convert most of our leads from Internet searches into repeat customers (our biggest source of new customers), but it’s tough to get RepairPal leads in the door. I suppose it’s not really possible to vet the leads they send our way and not sure what we can change on our end. We are located just north of Indianapolis, have a solid customer base and generate over 25 new customers per month. Tom Ham, I would love to know the number of and types of jobs that are being generated for your shop. Your post was from March. Are things still tracking the way you expect?

• acoliajja

December 12, 2016 at 10:35 pm

I am in NJ . We have been with repair pal for about 1 year . So far , it is a waste of money . You get a few poor leads once in a while …….. thats it . 

• Tom

December 13, 2016 at 12:28 am
    Robert and Jeff, our ROI on calls generated by RP is excellent.
    Feel free to call or email me if you’d like to discuss it further.
  • Max Att

February 10, 2017 at 10:25 pm

For us it has paid for itself and more most of the time.

• Joseph Van syoc

June 29, 2018 at 3:07 pm

I looked into them, two major issues: Since I am a one man shop, they wont even list me, a customer could be broke down a block from my door, but if they check repair pal, the nearest listed shop is over 40 miles away.  So that does me no good.  Second, their estimates are usually clear out in left field somewhere, no where near realistic. They don’t allow for diagnosis or inspection, and they price internet parts from their affiliates at a price less than what your cost is at your local jobber, without of course allowing any margin for you.  My opinion? Thumbs down!