Home » Forums » Employees » Lunch Breaks

Home Forums Employees Lunch Breaks

Tagged: 

• Lunch Breaks

Posted by jimbob661 on November 20, 2014 at 1:01 pm

What does anyone else do about lunch breaks? Do your techs eat at different times or do you send them all to eat at one time?

Alan Ollie replied 9 years, 1 month ago 7 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Tom

November 20, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Same time – Noon to 1:00 PM

• joecval

November 24, 2014 at 1:02 pm

We generally take lunch at the same time 12 -1 pm. We schedule around the lunch hour, I really enjoy using the lunch hour to eat with my staff whenever I can…which is almost every day.

• Jim Masella

November 24, 2014 at 10:39 pm

12:00-1:00- unless a customer is waiting, then my techs may take a later lunch.  I also allow my techs to take a different lunch time if I have notice.  I cover the front office myself during lunch and may take a later lunch myself. 

• Adam Woodill

December 1, 2014 at 3:53 pm

I keep one tech on from 12-1 while the rest of the shop eats (for walk in stuff…) who goes to lunch from 1-2.

• Greg Minnick

December 3, 2014 at 10:57 am

We never get unannounced waiters, so I give them the flexibility to go when they want unless there is a waiter or deadline. They’ll take a late lunch if they have to get a car out. I always liked to go at 11:30 when I was a tech; I’m hungry then and you beat the lunch rush so you can get back quicker if you don’t pack a lunch.

• Alan Ollie

March 14, 2015 at 10:35 pm

Same time – Noon to 1:00 PM but one helper eats at 2 so we can handle moving cars and changing light bulbs quick.