Home » Forums » Everything Else » irate customer

Home Forums Everything Else irate customer

• irate customer

Posted by chubby on May 24, 2012 at 3:01 pm

customer called to complain, march 28 we changed oil on her 08 nissan rogue, we supposedly left the air filter housing loose, after 6 weeks car stalled, was towed to dealer, sevice writer at dealer said because we had left housing loose, that this caused car to stall. towing, diagnose, & injector cleaning $450.00, she wants to be reimbursed, after 6 weeks & 3,000 miles, what would you guys do?

SpencersAuto replied 11 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • SpencersAuto

May 24, 2012 at 5:12 pm

tim parys wrote:

> customer called to complain, march 28 we changed oil on her 08 nissan rogue, we supposedly left the air filter housing loose, after 6 weeks car stalled, was towed to dealer, sevice writer at dealer said because we had left housing loose, that this caused car to stall. towing, diagnose, & injector cleaning $450.00, she wants to be reimbursed, after 6 weeks & 3,000 miles, what would you guys do?

Is the customer a regular customer?

What kind of services do you perform at your shop?

Did the customer call you before having it towed to the dealer?

Did the customer call you before having the dealer do the work?

Have you spoke with the dealer about this issue either prior to or after the service was performed by the dealer?

I would like to hear the answers to these questions before I give an opinion.

• Tom Piippo

June 19, 2012 at 11:54 am

I would like to have the dealer techs explain to me how a loose air filter could foul the fuel injectors. We see very few injector issues with all the ethanol in the fuel these days (tends to keep things clean!) I would also insist on knowing the REAL reason the car would not start. (Unlikely ALL the injectors failed at once)

• SpencersAuto

June 19, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Tom Piippo wrote:

> I would like to have the dealer techs explain to me how a loose air filter could foul the fuel injectors. We see very few injector issues with all the ethanol in the fuel these days (tends to keep things clean!) I would also insist on knowing the REAL reason the car would not start. (Unlikely ALL the injectors failed at once)

I would like some answers to the questions I asked…

Now for this post… Why would it have to be a dealer tech? I am an Indy, would that be ok?

Spence