Home » Forums » Auto and Truck Shop Management Software » Auto Vitals paperless shopflow software

Home Forums Auto and Truck Shop Management Software Auto Vitals paperless shopflow software

• Auto Vitals paperless shopflow software

Posted by Bob Waeiss on August 29, 2014 at 4:42 pm

I am considering switching to a paperless back shop… Looking for any users of the Auto Vitals product(s) using tablets for inspections and shop flow.  Eliminates the need for printing work orders and suppose to smooth out communication between the techs and service advisor as well as customer communications. Alldata has licensing rights for the Auto Vitals product. It sounds pretty cool, but a little nervous about implementation. Any users out there? Opinions, thoughts… AutoVitals.com.

jaschmidt replied 8 years, 2 months ago 7 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Site Administrator

Administrator
    August 30, 2014 at 9:12 am

Some of our shop management software sponsors have inspections integrated into their systems, paperless capability, and tablet capability. 

Please click on the links below for more information.

• marcdaniels

September 2, 2014 at 3:27 pm

We researched a few different electronic inspection programs about a year ago when I was looking to take my shop that way. Auto vitals was one of them. I demo their product and while it was good it was just to much. My service advisor would be creating the ticket in one system and then updating Auto vitals about 6-8 time on the same vehicle depending on where it was during the course of the day. To much B.S. not to mention the price. We settled on an e-inspection program that is just that. We have fully customized inspections that my techs perform, it keeps records, takes pictures of issues, as well as provides reports as to techs performance on his reporting. It’s called Repair Shop Solutions and is very reasonably priced as well. Good luck but I must say it has made us look so much more professional in our operation.

• boltontechnology

September 3, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Hi Marc,

Bolt On Technology’s electronic inspection tool, Mobile Manager Pro, fully integrates with leading shop management systems, eliminating the need to re-enter information. Once the VIN number or license plate is scanned, fields auto populate on the mobile device AND in the shop management system. Our customers, on average, are saving 10 minutes per vehicle simply because techs no longer have to write out inspections and then enter it into the shop management system. To learn more, please visit http://www.boltontechnology.com, or call 610-400-1019. 
  • autovitals

September 22, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Marc,

I appreciate your feedback about our AutoVitals system.
    Would you mind adding that you never actually used our software? 
    And since your last demo is over a year ago, it compares apple with oranges when looking at today’s system.
    We have taken the system to new heights involving dozens of shops across the nation before we released it one month ago.
    Truly paperless means no paper rack anymore. 2 way integration with the SMS and complete overview where every vehicle is, technician dispatching included. Your WIP screen looks really old and insufficient in comparison.
    Videos demonstrating how it works can be found on http://www.autovitals.com/smartflow-training/
  • ivan86

September 23, 2014 at 10:19 am

I used Protractor for years and this is truly software that can be run paperless, a number of shops have chosen to do just that. It incorporates and simulates a paper work order rack electronically. Technicians and service advisers can stay up to date with each vehicle as it progresses through the work flow. Built in totally customized inspections can be authored, and problems found during the inspection process can be added as job packages from the inspection forms by the service technician, speeding up the service advisers estimating time. Definitely worth a look if your considering going paperless or not.

• jaschmidt

January 13, 2016 at 11:04 am
    Recently we added the Bolt On Inspection Software Package and Report Pro to our Mitchell Team Works system. We are still learning to use the handheld devices and software, but so far love the total integration to Mitchell. Now we can even print LOF labels directly from the shop computer or from the handheld tablets, so the techs are not typing in details on the key board for the label machine.
    Bolt On has great FREE training and has been an asset to our techs, though we are still learning to use the system. On top of that, our Mitchell sales rep took the time to review our billing and was able to reduce our other program fees significantly when we added the Bolt On Inspection system. Mitchell promotes and supports the Bolt On Platform as a direct business partner, so they are working together to deliver a good product that stays current. A real win for us as we were considering a different stand alone handheld inspection service platform.
    Auto Vitals, while an attractive option was believed to be too cumbersome by our techs, service writer and owner. Sometime too much is truly TOO MUCH. That is how we felt about the Auto Vitals Platform.