Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Anyone useing demandforce.com

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Anyone useing demandforce.com

• Anyone useing demandforce.com

Posted by Alan Ollie on June 3, 2011 at 1:15 am

Has anyone used Demandforce.com to communicate with your customers.It interfaces with most management systems.Built in surveys. Your reviews will actually showing up on google places as reviews.It also interfaces with most social networks automatically. One shop i know got over 40 reviews posted in 2 months.They give you html code to have people schedule appointments that sends emails and txts.Also Email service reminders or txt customers to remind them about appointment’s

Check out the demo @

http://www.demandforce.com/auto.php

dianellarson replied 12 years, 8 months ago 14 Members · 22 Replies
  • 22 Replies
  • haltautoworks

June 7, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Speak with Demandforce and have them go through the demo with you as they did with me. Times are tough for us right now to commit to $299.00 a month(12 month contract) and an additional $1.00 for every email they get for you.

• ronhaugen

June 7, 2011 at 6:58 pm

We have used them for a year and a half. It has worked flawless. If you have computer savy customers, the service reminders, follow ups, and scheduler are great. 40% of our appointments are scheduled online, many as a result of the reminders. They will do a free demo for you.

• haltautoworks

June 7, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Ron Haugen wrote:

> We have used them for a year and a half. It has worked flawless. If you have computer savy customers, the service reminders, follow ups, and scheduler are great. 40% of our appointments are scheduled online, many as a result of the reminders. They will do a free demo for you.

I spoke with a neighboring shop who uses them, they also highly recommend getting it and suggests to have a website up to work in conjunction with demandforce.

• Alan Ollie

June 7, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I don’t think you could afford not to use some kind of crm

You can get a 60 day trial .

Will Barrameda wrote:

> Speak with Demandforce and have them go through the demo with you as they did with me. Times are tough for us right now to commit to $299.00 a month(12 month contract) and an additional $1.00 for every email they get for you.

• David

June 7, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Used them for a year or so..the $299 investment is worth every penny, works flawlessly for us, lots of surveys and reviews, great communication tool.

• Alan Ollie

June 7, 2011 at 7:19 pm

after 5 days i can say i more than got my money back on the lost appointments alone. This tool makes it easy to get people to commit to their next service.

• Frank

June 7, 2011 at 7:23 pm

got it, love it

• haltautoworks

June 7, 2011 at 7:50 pm

This is a question for all of you. How many(on average)get new emails after using them? They guarantee results if you have a minimum of 250 amails is what the sales rep mentioned. I’m still a start up company that has about 200 customers in my data base and 25% of those have emails on their file.

• mylesj

June 7, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Below is a link to a section of the contract that applies if Demand Force does not deliver $3 of value for every $1 you pay them. I’m not saying they are unusual in these details just that the dollar justification they use in deciding if they are delivering is extreme. For example new customers are valued at $2000. Demand Force is meeting their obligations if your cost of acquiring a new customer does not exceed $666. The question to you is how many services will it take to generate $666 net profit? For a high average ticket shop that can be a good deal.

Go down to guarantee; limitations at this address:

http://www.demandforce.com/terms.php

• sosborn

June 8, 2011 at 1:25 am

We’ve been using them for over a year. We are using them strictly for

the thank you emails and the welcome emails. We do our own in-house

follow up and online scheduling and I still gladly shell out the 300 per

month just for the online reviews. 65% of our new customers have looked

at our reputation online and that’s what made the difference for them.

I know because I ask them.

• the1tom

June 14, 2011 at 6:29 pm

We use MechanicNet who offers similar services (I think better) but at a lesser cost and no 12 month commitment. We have had great success with the reminders and followup as well. As someone else pointed out, everyone should use some type of CRM program regardless of the vendor they choose.

• sbaltzer

June 14, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Ollie, I just looked at your on-line review page. Wow, you’ve already got 143 CustomerLink Certified reviews. Way to go.

• Alan Ollie

June 14, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Depending where you look we have over 500 real reviews .

We are using demand fores to get more customers to make appointments in advance ,during their current service. 14 day ahead of the date they will get the chance to re schedule and 4 day the same. The first thing they service advisers do is open the dashboard and do follow up calls, emails and check surveys and try to resolve problems. We also started to follow up every day and try to get them in. This is a new system that the guys are fighting me on. Lots of real phone work.

• jgibson

June 23, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Demand Force does have a good program, but it’s not for everyone. for some shop owners the 12 month commitment, high cost of email acquisition and lack of direct mail support make can be real issues.

The bottom line is that it’s critical that you have some type of program in place for customer retention and online reputation management (as well as new customer acquisition). Just make sure you do you your research before committing to anything with any marketing group. You have options, so make sure you explore them all thoroughly so you don’t end up stuck in a contract with a program you’re not happy with.

• Alan Ollie

June 24, 2011 at 12:35 am

You cant beat Demandforce scheduler interface with Mitchell, $300 a month would be a lot if your shop does not have a very tech savvy customer base and lots of email addresses.Why would you want to pay for someones email address. We get the email addresses of 80 % of our customers on the first visit.

I use I use customer link for direct mailings.I love the ease of downloading my customer data info into excel.Then you can sort your data and send promotions very relevant to your customers.

I contact my customers 2-3 times per month by email and every 3 months by a postcard. They can opt out very ez .We have a very low rate of people opting out of 2400 real email addresses with about 300 opting out,about 5 customers pissed about so much email and snail mail.

Tom teaches ,not to worry so much about the few people but focas on the masses.

Joseph Gibson wrote:

> Demand Force does have a good program, but it’s not for everyone. for some shop owners the 12 month commitment, high cost of email acquisition and lack of direct mail support make can be real issues.

>

> The bottom line is that it’s critical that you have some type of program in place for customer retention and online reputation management (as well as new customer acquisition). Just make sure you do you your research before committing to anything with any marketing group. You have options, so make sure you explore them all thoroughly so you don’t end up stuck in a contract with a program you’re not happy with.

• smarchi

June 24, 2011 at 4:05 am

I would be a little cautious when signing up with Demand Force. They have an evergreen clause in their contract that they are enforcing in my next of the woods. It is actually illegal the way it is written in California but they sure put up a fight. If you do sign up I would strike the evergreen clause a head of time so you are not stuck in it if you ever want to cancel.

• garmando

June 24, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Can you tell me where this clause is or how it is stated? I signed up with them and I have 60 days before I commit. It is a real pain and time consuming to read through these contracts.

• smarchi

July 8, 2011 at 12:02 am

Sorry it took so long to Reply. I beleive the information was in the middle of the signature page.

• Alan Ollie

July 8, 2011 at 12:28 am

Good luck striking anything on the contract. You need to cancel in writing.

Why do many people think 300 per month is a lot.Every customer in my shop will spend $1800 in their lifetime and i might buy their car or sell them one.

If you embed the demand force scheduler on 25 websites sites you are bound to get a few new customers a month.

We get about 21% new customers(50)a month I can say that demand force has saved my car count.

Sometime before: This agreement shall automatically renew for another one (1) year term, unless either party provides notice to the other of its intent to terminate this agreement not less than thirty (30) days before the end of the then current term.

Sometime within: This agreement shall automatically renew for another one (1) year term, unless either party provides notice to the other of its intent to terminate this agreement within thirty (30) days of the end of the then current term.

Evoking the first example (the “sometime before”) clause is easy. Just send notice to the other party, of your intent to not renew the contract anytime before thirty (30) days before the end of the contract. For example, send notice right now. Make sure that notice is well-documented, and get the other party to acknowledge the notice.

• smarchi

July 8, 2011 at 2:14 am

As you state you can send it at anytime prior to the 30 days. So do it today if you have a contract with them now. The key is getting Demand Force to acknowledge that they received or you may want to send it certified. As I sated before they put up a heck of a fight letting my client out of his contract which he was legally entitled to be released. They just gave me such a bad taste on how he was treated I would do everything to cover myself up front if you enter into a contract with Demand Force.

• joecval

August 18, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Ollie,

Are you using customerlink and demandforce?

How have they worked for you together?

How do you use them (who does what?)

Alan Ollie Gelfand Pres. wrote:

> You cant beat Demandforce scheduler interface with Mitchell, $300 a month would be a lot if your shop does not have a very tech savvy customer base and lots of email addresses.Why would you want to pay for someones email address. We get the email addresses of 80 % of our customers on the first visit.

>

> I use I use customer link for direct mailings.I love the ease of downloading my customer data info into excel.Then you can sort your data and send promotions very relevant to your customers.

>

> I contact my customers 2-3 times per month by email and every 3 months by a postcard. They can opt out very ez .We have a very low rate of people opting out of 2400 real email addresses with about 300 opting out,about 5 customers pissed about so much email and snail mail.

>

• dianellarson

August 30, 2011 at 1:28 am

@ Joe Valind [joecval]

Owner, Auto Safety Center, West Bend, WI, United States

on 08-18-2011

Are you using customerlink and demandforce?

Yes we use both

How have they worked for you together?

Demandforce works awesome with my appointment program, as we run our

shop like a Dentist office. My clients, & I, love the email reminders

of their upcoming appointments, which many of them made six months in

advance. I also like the reviews that Demandforce generates for us and

the ease of using my clients information on my Demandforce portal

page. I can check upcoming appointments, see who has read their

reminder email and correct any information or correspond w/my clients

effortlessly!

CustomerLink is my go to for new client acquisition. Their SMRT

Program is awesome, telling me what I need to know about which of my

clients are my best clients, and then marketing to clients like

them… CustomerLink is also doing a bang up job of obtaining Customer

Reviews and monitoring my company’s online presence, adding relevant

posts to my Facebook Page and giving me a great review page link from

my website…Then of course they pick up on any of my clients who

missed an appointment…They really watch out for my business when I

don’t have time to…..

How do you use them (who does what?)

See above:) But to sum it up, Yes I use both companies, as each has

different features I need… However the landscape is constantly

changing…. You just need to figure out which company has the best

benefits for your business at this time…or use both!